Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) Empty

She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)   She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 12:05 am

I know that every parent reckons that their child is wonderful, but I really have been blessed with a beautiful and feisty daughter. She's now seven months old, and recently the she-cactus and I decided that a sibling would be a nice thing for all of us.

About two months ago we had germination, and from the outset I said that it'd be twins. Today we had the first scan, and...

affraid

...twins!

After the inital smug I-told-you-so gloss had worn off, the hard reality set in. I'm a PhD student in the terminal stages of thesis writing, with a part-time job for keeping body and soul on reasonable speaking terms, and the she-cactus is the one with the well-paying job. But she also has RA, and a boss who is certain to force her to take early leave (unpaid), so there's going to be some hard yards in trying to maintain SC's hefty mortgage. Leaving alone the time after the birth when we'll have three kids under 13 or 14 months...

Twins run in both our families, so we're not strangers to the idea, but the immediate reality is something that can't be described until you actually sit on the thorns.

Anyone here have an insider's take?
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)   She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 6:21 am

All I can say is CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
watertrade
Calm and Collected
watertrade

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)   She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:27 am

bounce bounce

Smile
Back to top Go down
MichaelCactus
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)   She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Wait im confused like hell. Did you sleep with a cactus and it produced pups? Your talking about your cactus is pupping, or you're actually haveing twins with your partner?

Either one, Congrats alot man!
Back to top Go down
calycium
calycium

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)   She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:54 pm

Congrats!!!!!
Never had twins, had 2 close together which was a treat, but twins is aparently more than twice the fun and you get into a routine where you you end up doing things like feeding and diapers at the same time to extend the peace in between. Govt gives you a bit of extra cash for the twins part, and you get a bit more support (so I am told)
Back to top Go down
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)   She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:57 am

Thanks for the good vibes everyone; and yes, you're a cack watertrade! Smile

MC, how about we don't mention to the she-cactus that I called her a cactus...? Or especially that I called her Ahyucereus crappitstwinsii over at EB!

Hey, calycium, is the 'bit of extra' just 2x for two pups, or is it '2x + a bit of extra' 'cos it's more than double trouble? If it was the latter that'd take a wrinkle or two from the SC's forehead!

And if it all becomes too much, there's always Evilbay...

Mwah ha ha haaa!!!
Back to top Go down
calycium
calycium

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)   She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 9:46 pm

I think you get $1+ for being a good guy and having one ($5000), then you get another ($5000) for having a second so that's 10K, but then they add a bit more for the fact that you had em at the same time and you get a bit more for councilling, and doctors bills and chockie for the she cactus Ahyucereus crappitstwinsii. And you get social workwers coming to lend you a hand and make sure you are coping, getting sleep, can change two diapoers at one, can feed two kids at once, can cope with the noise of two kids, can cope with half the sleep.... phew, glad I never had twins and has two 18 months apart (they just seems like twins)
Best oif luck. Lucky you won't have three children...oh, you will...comiserations Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)   She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural) Empty

Back to top Go down

She-cactus throwing pups (note: plural)
Page 1 of 1