Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
fruit bats and gnats Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
fruit bats and gnats Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
fruit bats and gnats Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
fruit bats and gnats Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
fruit bats and gnats Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
fruit bats and gnats Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
fruit bats and gnats Empty

fruit bats and gnats

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
peter olsen

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2014-04-17

PostSubject: fruit bats and gnats   fruit bats and gnats EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 7:27 am

g.day all, in my town bairnsdale vic, we have apron, 72.000 fruit bats,the locals are carring on about and want them moved, they cause a lot of damage, and stink, a friend of mine had a lot of his plants and fruit trees wrecked plus others. all so in there thousands are gnats, i did not know what they ere till i joind this forum and read about pest etc, once i realise my hot house was full of them, i went on the war path, checked out google, you tube etc, what i found was the best way to reduce numbers was this yellow sticky card board stuff from buntings, i cut it in small squares, and stuck it on my name tags plus hung bits up here and every where, another clue i found was to get 2 liter coke bottles and cut the top off, turn it up side down and put back in the bottle, run tape around the join, and tip about 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar in them and i placed these here and they amongst my cactus , results 100,s of them drowned, there is no way i can get rid of them, as the dam things are every where her,so i just to live it, if it was not for this forum, i believe all or most of my cactus would be lost, thanks to all members that put posts i,ve learnt so much in just a short time, peter olsen vic....
Back to top Go down
SneakyCuttlefish
SneakyCuttlefish

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: fruit bats and gnats   fruit bats and gnats EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Now worries peter glad you found something to help here. I personally spray all my plants with Confidor once a month as I have found pests and diseases to be astonishingly prevalent up in the tropics. I guess that's what one can expect when trying to grow a desert plant in the tropics.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: fruit bats and gnats   fruit bats and gnats EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 8:26 pm

Glad to hear you are getting on top of the gnats !! They are a real pain in the bum especially when you have a bad infestation. Your methods to deal with them are great and are the best in my opinion.

Keep up the good work.
HN

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fruit bats and gnats   fruit bats and gnats Empty

Back to top Go down

fruit bats and gnats
Page 1 of 1