HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Is this Opuntia ficus-indica ?
DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am

» New Forum Now Open!!
DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:33 am

» Romanian Online Journal - Xerophilia
DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA Emptyby eduart Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 am

» Wanted: Pereskia Aculeata (Not Godseffiana)
DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA Emptyby EightySeven Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

» White spots on my cacti
DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA Emptyby cactgustim Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

» Problem with cacti
DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA Emptyby nzivanovic Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mattslandscape

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-25

DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA Empty
PostSubject: DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA   DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi all in Oz from USA. I have a website of jungle or mostly Epiphyte cacti and some Echinopsis in California,USA. I also grow many varieties of DRAGON FRUIT and recently made this video. I thought some of you might want to see whats going on with Cacti here.
Enjoy!
Matt

Back to top Go down
Charlie

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA   DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 9:04 pm

Gday Matt

Thanks for putting up the video. There are some Dragon Fruit grown here in Oz, but i doubt that there is the same range of varieties you have in the US.

I was thinking of putting in a few this year just to see how they went. I have a plant which I was going to propagate, but I have no idea what variety it is.

The video mentioned that hand pollination is practised, and that insects such as bees can also play a major role in pollination. I was wondering that if the plant flowers at night, has a strong perfume and white blooms (classic attractors for nocturnal pollinators) - whether moths (or perhaps some other nocturnal animal) were originally involved in its pollination biology.

cheers

Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA   DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:26 am

Cheers from me for the video too.

Even though the climate down my way is far from idea, I have both red and pearl dragonfruit plants growing in tubs. Whilst I don't expect to get many, if any, fruit from them, they're an interesting plant and the flowers are spectacular.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA   DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA Empty

Back to top Go down

DRAGON FRUIT VIDEO FROM USA
Page 1 of 1