I just finished my first ever grafts a couple of days ago and thought I'd share them with the world! I will update this thread with some progress photos as they grow, (hopefully!), and may also add some more grafts as I attempt them. (I have some Lophophora seedlings and a couple of Bridgesii seedlings at the moment I'm just waiting for them to get a little bigger before I slice them up!)
These are 2 Astrophytum Asterias seedlings I grew from seed acquired from a member of the CSSSA at a cacti show in Adelaide a couple of months ago. I also got some Pereskiopsis that I've been cutting and propagating to try and build up some stock for seedlings. I mainly wanted to practice with some Astro's just to make sure my technique works. After these astros are a couple of centimetres, (if it works), I will de-graft them from the Peres.
They've been growing pretty well in their little container under some CFL lights in an esky. I think in the photos you can see that I have a reasonable number left to try with again if these fail. I also kept some seed aside so I can start another batch when I create another little "grow tub" with lights. It's a bit cold and the days are too short at the moment to grow these out under the sun here in SA, unfortunately.
My methods come from reading lots of forums/articles and watching some vids on YouTube. Anyway, on to the pics!