Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
A few pix from my garden Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
A few pix from my garden Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
A few pix from my garden Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
A few pix from my garden Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
A few pix from my garden Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
A few pix from my garden Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
A few pix from my garden Empty

A few pix from my garden

Go down 
+5
Darren
Hellonasty
Olga
KanJe
CactusPolecat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:04 am

I've finally rounded up a few of the pix I've been taking recently.
Except for the last three pix, all of these were taken around my garden over the last couple of months.
...Go for a wander & have a look

(Thumbnails, click to enlarge)

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_huascha_johnstonii_greenii_1 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Aloe_juvenna_1109 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_DouglasHuth_brevifolia_mammi A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Echeveria_1009

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Echeveria_derenbergii_1009 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Lobivia_formosa_1109 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Lobivia_grandis_009 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Mamms_1009

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Noto_leninghausii_1209a A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Aeonium_Zwartkop_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Agave_BlueCluster_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_BlackPrince_Mammillaris_1209

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Aloe_saponaria_1209a A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Aloe_saponaria_1209b A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Echeveria_pulidonis_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Euphorbia_horrida_1209

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Maihueniopsis_ovata_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Noto_magnifica_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Opuntia_sp_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_johnstonii_huascha_1209

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_polyphilla_camarguensis_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Echeveria_rundellii_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Echinopsismultiplex_1209a A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Echinopsismultiplex_1209b

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Lobivia_sp_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Rebutia_sp_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Rebutia_einsteinii_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Yucca_GoldenEdge_1209a

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Echinopsis_chamaecereus_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Kalanchoe_pumila_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Mammillaria_hahniana_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Mammillaria_pringlei_1209

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Mamms_1209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Notocactus_uebelmannianus_12 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Tricho_schickendantzii_1109a A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Tricho_schickendantzii_1109b

A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Tricho_schickendantzii_1109c A few pix from my garden Th_Portulaca_0209 A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_Dorotheanthus_colour_1008b A few pix from my garden Th_Garden_dorotheanthus_colour_1008a

Have fun, CP.
Back to top Go down
KanJe
watchman
KanJe

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:02 am

Your garden really is something else CP. The last image says it all.
Once I buy a place I would love to have an outdoor garden like yours.
Back to top Go down
https://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/KanJe_Garden/
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-11-08

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:17 am

I can only hope I can make as nice a garden as that, you'll have to do some tutorials on design for us CP A few pix from my garden Icon_biggrin It's just amazing
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:19 pm

KanJe wrote:
Your garden really is something else CP. The last image says it all.
Once I buy a place I would love to have an outdoor garden like yours.

Olga wrote:
I can only hope I can make as nice a garden as that, you'll have to do some tutorials on design

for us CP It's just amazing

Thanks for the kind comments friends. It gives me great pleasure that others can enjoy my handiwork.

The last three images were taken last season, I included them just to give an idea of the added colour The livingstone daisies were in full colour in spring, and the portulacas came into flower as the daisie finished. There were very few daisies that germinted this year as I harvested the seeds and then forgot to re-sow, the portulacas on the other hand self sowed, and they are just starting to bloom now, they should be at their best in a few weeks.

When it comes to design, I don't plan much. I begin only with a rough idea in mind as to shape and size, then

go find rocks & materials and throw it all together. When it came to choosing plants, there were certain

plants I knew were hardy enough to survive, but many others were merely experimental as to whether they would

be anle to survive Tassie winters.
I built the garden in Jan/Feb 2009, and am thrilled as to how well it has done in just 2 years.
Winter of 2009 was one of the wettest on record, so I was expecting to lose a few plants, but surprisingly I

lost only a Cheiridopsis. The Weberbauerocereus johnstonii was a new addition in Mach 2009, and I had no idea

how it would like the outdoor climate, but as you can see in pics 1 and 20, it is lookng very good has has

grown to twice it's original height.

Cheers for now, CP
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 7:06 pm

Really nice CP Smile Congratulations you have many great plants.
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 10:51 pm

You've given me some ideas with those daisies actually A few pix from my garden Icon_smile It's a very natural looking garden, really beautiful and crowded in a good way, I love how things peep around corners and from behind rocks.
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:03 am

Hellonasty wrote:
Really nice CP Smile Congratulations you have many great plants.

Thanks HN.
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 7:11 am

Olga wrote:
You've given me some ideas with those daisies actually A few pix from my garden Icon_smile It's a very natural looking garden, really beautiful and crowded in a good way, I love how things peep around corners and from behind rocks.

With the harvesting of the daisy seeds, the idea was to give some of the seed away, (which I did), and just broadcast some of it around the garden to give it the natural look but then I forgot to use it, so this year the were only a few daisies. The portulaccas on the other hand have germinated and are just starting to flower now, so they will add colour over the next few months.

Cheers, CP
Back to top Go down
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 5:35 pm

wow cp that is the most amazing garden ever... i have been trying to work out how i am going to do my front garden and i am going to try and achieve something like what you have done. your garden is inspirational!!!

regards
Darren
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:34 pm

Darren wrote:
wow cp that is the most amazing garden ever... i have been trying to work out how i am going to do my front garden and i am going to try and achieve something like what you have done. your garden is inspirational!!!

regards
Darren

Thanks mate, you'll be amazed as to how quickly it takes off once you set those plants free from their pots!!

CP
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Mate, that's a fantastic result from only a couple of years growth in the ground. How big were the schick and the huascha when they went in? Was there a major increase in growth once they were planted out?
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Hello Lachy, thanks!
If you look closely at the pic below, notice the plant in flower and the one immediately behind it, they were both growing in 250 mm pots when tis photo was taken in Oct 2007. both of these plant went into that group with the addition of a large stem that came from the garden of another friend. since going in the garden they're nearly half as big again.
The huascha also seen - right rear, in this this photo almost hiding behind the flower, has been a bit slower, but has certainly filled out nicely.

A few pix from my garden Echinopsis_schickendantzii_1007_a

Cheers, CP
Back to top Go down
Charlie

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 pm

That is an inspiration. I've been thinking about starting a cactus garden myself, but I wasn't too sure how it'd work out. But after seeing yours I think I might actually give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Calm and Collected
Vicki

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 1:19 pm

What a fantastic garden, well done.
Back to top Go down
mutant
Calm and Collected
mutant

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 8:27 am

Great setting!! That's awesome!!
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:50 am

CP Amnesia mentioned a while ago his mamms were not doing so well in the garden, do you have many mamms planted and how are they going?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few pix from my garden   A few pix from my garden Empty

Back to top Go down

A few pix from my garden
Page 1 of 1