Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Empty

A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kbg1977

kbg1977

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.   A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. EmptyThu Dec 25, 2008 7:15 am

So,just though I'd post a pic of some of myCacti,and get a few Id's,if anyone can help me out that would be great!I just need Id's on the first four pics,and the rest I pretty much know what they are.Also,what do you guys think of my double bloom Loph.Itook that picture shortly after getting it.It arrived with buds all ready on it.
A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Picture016A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Picture009A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Picture007A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Picture005A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Med_gallery_3073_92_492484A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Picture014A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Picture011A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Picture008
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.   A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. EmptySun Dec 28, 2008 7:20 pm

Nice little collection!
Pic #1 is Mamm. rhodantha ssp. pringlei
Pic #2 is Echinopsis peuviana/Trichocereus peruvianus
Pic #3 Mamm spinosissima ssp. pilcayensis
Pic #4 Mamm magnimamma.

CP
Back to top Go down
kbg1977

kbg1977

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.   A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 12:59 am

Thanks for the reply,and you were right on with the Identification of the mammillaria species,but are you sure about the second pic?It doesn't look like a Echinopsis peuviana to me.I got this cactus at a super market a few years ago, for $2 US dollars,and it wasn't labeled,and I have found no one who can prperly ID it.Now I've seen your posts,and pics of your cacti,which are beautiful by the way,so I'll go with your ID if you are pretty sure Very Happy Thanks again for the reply.
Back to top Go down
KanJe
watchman
KanJe

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.   A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 1:07 am

Sorry to disagree CP but I think #2 is a Cereus peruvianus. To me it doesn't look like a Trichocereus.

Pic #5 is Golden Barrel (forgot the botanical name)
Pic #6 is an Epiphylum of some sort.
Back to top Go down
https://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/KanJe_Garden/
kbg1977

kbg1977

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.   A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 2:46 am

Yeah,after really looking at other pictures of Cereus Peruvianus,I'm
pretty sure that's it.Thanks KanJe.Yeah,That is a golden Barrel,Echinocactus
grusonii.I'm wondering what type of
Epiphylum I have?I guess I'll have to wait until it flowers.you guys know how long they may take to do so?I got this plant from a cutting last summer,and it rooted fairly quick.Anyway,thanks for the replies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.   A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 6:57 pm

KanJe wrote:
Sorry to disagree CP but I think #2 is a Cereus peruvianus. To me it doesn't look like a Trichocereus.

Pic #5 is Golden Barrel (forgot the botanical name)
Pic #6 is an Epiphylum of some sort.

That's OK !I meant Cereus peruvianus ...I thought Cereus peruvianus and Tricho pervianus was the same plant (in this day of lumping cactus names) Shocked

CP
Back to top Go down
KanJe
watchman
KanJe

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.   A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 10:40 pm

Yeah, lol. Lets just call everything Echinopsis from now on, everything will get there eventually. Laughing
It might save some confusion too.
Back to top Go down
https://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/KanJe_Garden/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.   A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed. Empty

Back to top Go down

A few of my Cacti,and Id's needed.
Page 1 of 1