Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Things are getting out of hand.  Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Things are getting out of hand.  Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Things are getting out of hand.  Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Things are getting out of hand.  Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Things are getting out of hand.  Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Things are getting out of hand.  Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Things are getting out of hand.  Empty

Things are getting out of hand.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Walker87
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Things are getting out of hand.    Things are getting out of hand.  EmptyWed Sep 02, 2015 9:25 am

Greeting folks!

So as the title would suggest my cactus hobby a.k.a addiction is racing full steam ahead.
Have already planted 855 seeds this season and for reasons unknown to the logical side of my brain went ahead and orders another 250 or so this morning.
In addition will also be ordering another 100+ plants next week.

Have managed to justify these purchases (just barely) due to the plant losses I incurred as a result of the Mealey bugs and also that I lost pretty much all of cacti seedlings during the house move.

I'll post a list of the seeds I have planted so far and the ones that are on their way a little later today.

The board has been quiet lately so would like to know what everyone else is planting or has already?

Kind regards,

Walker
Back to top Go down
SneakyCuttlefish
SneakyCuttlefish

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Things are getting out of hand.    Things are getting out of hand.  EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 8:23 am

Hey walker87! How did the planting go?
Back to top Go down
Convergence

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2015-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Things are getting out of hand.    Things are getting out of hand.  EmptyTue Jun 14, 2016 6:57 pm

I too would like to know. Walker had an interesting video series that sadly seemed to stop when he was savaged by mealy bugs. Hope its all ok mate!
Back to top Go down
Walker87
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Things are getting out of hand.    Things are getting out of hand.  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 7:00 pm

Hello hello!
Ok so I'll give you the quick run down...
Most of the seedlings did not survive due to a few house moves in a short period and a tone of work stress which meant the cacti suffered.
I have a heap of tricho seedlings hanging in there and hopefully should be good to go come spring time, a good portion of which have sneakys name on them!
Also i have a lot of gymno seedlings which will be staying with me as gymno are my fave cacti.
As for the YouTube channel it is still going i just can't upload as many videos anymore due to time constraints although i uploaded a few in the past month or so.
Ideally I'd like to do more but unfortunately have to go to this dreadful pace called work!
The mealies ravaged my collection and i very nearly gave up, but the f*%$#@ are gone now so things are getting better.
I'm planning on doing some YouTube videos on grafting in spring and will hopefully be able to do a flower video again..
If you have any video suggestions let me know and I'll see what i can do!
Back to top Go down
Convergence

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2015-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Things are getting out of hand.    Things are getting out of hand.  EmptyWed Jun 15, 2016 8:41 pm

Glad you didn't quit mate. Root mealies can be avoided in the future if you have a strict practice of checking and reporting every new plant. I even found root mealies in a plant bought from the president of the local CSSWA.... You can't ever just trust that the plant is pest free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things are getting out of hand.    Things are getting out of hand.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Things are getting out of hand.
Page 1 of 1