Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
 60mm pots Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
 60mm pots Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
 60mm pots Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
 60mm pots Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
 60mm pots Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
 60mm pots Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
 60mm pots Empty

60mm pots

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Walker87
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2014-03-01

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 4:27 pm

Hey guys,
Anyone know any melbourne stores that sell the standard 60/63mm cacti pots? Garden world are out and I've got 90 plants on the way!
Going to be calling GCP tomorrow (producers) to see what a bulk order is worth but really only need 90 rather than what is likely to be a minimum order of 500.
Back to top Go down
hydrophobe

hydrophobe

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-11-14

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:02 pm

I'm in a similar predicament as just potted up a couple of dozen plants and still have some more to go, I'd be happy to buy some off you if you have to put in for a larger order assuming price is good. I also have lots of crushed scoria if you are running low on supplies for mineral mix.
Back to top Go down
Walker87
Calm and Collected

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I ended up buying them from ebay and paying double what I usually pay.
The producer GCP minimum order was 700 pots and they had none in stock and none planned for production for 2 weeks.
Im leaving work early this week and heading to dabaco as I need fine scoria and course sand.
Still have plenty of pumice large and fine sizes but the other two I'm clean out!
What plants have you got coming?
I've got a mixed bag and I'll be adding the first sulcorebutia to my collection, very nervous about them!
Back to top Go down
hydrophobe

hydrophobe

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Thats a pain, well need to track down more pots at any rate as have a few more items to pot up before autumn, sor far have potted up mostly Echinocereus and a mixed batch of Rebutia. Planted about 12 or so of each species.

So far have potted up E.knippelianus reyesii x 2, E.nirvosus 9, E.polycanthus x 4, E.rigidissimus rubispinus x 9 about a dozen assorted Rebutia which as from a mix batch so mostly too small to tell what I will get but they are growing very rapidly. Also have some assorted gymnos, astro capicorne and two copiapoa cinerea. I ended up with a couple of Siamese twins that just couldn't be separated without a knife so decided to keep them as is. suspect tehy will make the more interesting plants anyway. Also have what looks like a bald Prodia Graessenei (aka limelight) but hard to be sure as they are still too small. How about you want you potting up?

If you'd like top exchange / swap anything let me know. I only want 3 or 4 of them at most.
Back to top Go down
Walker87
Calm and Collected

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 6:28 am

Oh these are the seedlings you've grown?
My seedlings arent doing that well, haven't lost any but their growth rate is very slow. Most are out of the bag but they are much smaller than I suspect they should be after 7/8 months.
I'll be planting up another order from Lester, ordered about 90 plants, I ordered a lot of ferocactus, gymnocalycium, sulcorebutia and a few species. Will post full list a little later and will also be making a YouTube video of the new additions, already have a few videos showcasing my collection.
I'm currently working on building up my supply of pereskopsis as I have had no success using opuntia so going to switch over, it's taking a while but should have a small army of them in a few months time.
Back to top Go down
hydrophobe

hydrophobe

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 8:47 am

90 plants from Lester, now that's a good sized order. I've only ordered about 2 dozen plants from him so far but was very happy with what I got and his prices are excellent. Only issue I had was a A.nuda arrived very brown looking. It never recovered and died even though i was very careful about using mineral mix and no water for a few weeks after planting.

I'm enjoying growing from seed even if its a little slow and you need a bit of room and equipment, also the speed depends greatly on what you are growing.

Some seedlings seem to grow like weeds others barely move. I also occasionally add very diluted seaweed extract or liquid fert to the seedlings to help them along once i noticed them growing nicely in spring. Have to be careful as I don;t want long skinny plants, so far so good however.
Back to top Go down
Walker87
Calm and Collected

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:05 pm

I'm certainly going to be busy potting them all up but it is great fun.
I too had issues with astros from Lester and a few died, other than that though really can't complain.
Hadn't considered feeding the seedlings although it may be useful given the mix they are in is basically devoid of any nutrient. Will come down to a patience game too though as all things cacti related are.
Back to top Go down
hydrophobe

hydrophobe

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 1:24 pm

good to know my mail order fatality wasn't the only one. On the flip side one plant I'd ordered came with a note saying it was the last one and free of charge. in the wrap was what literally looked like a 100% dessicated cactus piece, color of brown card. Anyway shrugged and sat it on a pot of dry sandy mix and gave it a tiny amount of water and wouldn't you know it its starting to color up, although won;t be expecting flowers any time soon. will try and find a pic and post it.
Back to top Go down
hydrophobe

hydrophobe

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:08 pm

Hey Walker87, can I ask where you normally get your posts from. Is collectors corner the best place or is there another location for sub 100 pot orders?
Back to top Go down
Walker87
Calm and Collected

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 8:07 am

Hey,
Yes I always buy them from collectors corner they're only 20 cents and I have not seen them anywhere else.
The tricky part is going in and only buying the pots!
Back to top Go down
hydrophobe

hydrophobe

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 8:47 am

ok, thanks. Sounds reasonable. Have seen them online but its like $28 for 100 plus postage ~ $15 ):
Back to top Go down
Walker87
Calm and Collected

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 8:49 am

Yeah that will be a guy from Gippsland I think, I have ordered from him in an emergency. They were posted really fast but ended up costing double compared to collectors corner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

60mm pots Empty
PostSubject: Re: 60mm pots    60mm pots Empty

Back to top Go down

60mm pots
Page 1 of 1