Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Competition for new members Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Competition for new members Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Competition for new members Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Competition for new members Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Competition for new members Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Competition for new members Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Competition for new members Empty

Competition for new members

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Competition for new members   Competition for new members EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:56 pm

To encourage lurkers on the Australian Cacti Forum to register and to join in the conversations here, I'm going to start a little competition/lottery for the next ten new members who both register* and post, from now onward, on the Introduction Thread, or at least once elsewhere.

I will keep a list of the new members as they register and post, and when I have ten accumulated I will pick one at random using a random number generator in Excel. The member so picked will receive a few packets of cactus seeds, including Trichocereus bridgesii (Echidnopsis laegenformis? Pffft!) and at least one or two other species, depending on how much I receive in my recent order. An alternative prize, if the person selected is happy to cover the postage, would be a mix of several different stapelia and huernia cuttings.

There's no need for new folk to post here. I'll edit this post as they join, and if I miss them I'm sure that HelloNasty or one of the other mods will send me a private message to alert me! If someone joins who is an experienced/over-planted cactophile from way-back and who doesn't want to take up space here, just pm me and I'll leave you off the list.

So, the ten new registrants included in this draw will be:

1. Fruitbat (who joined in order to contribute to the discussion on the membership thread that started this in the first place)
2. Cooky173 (only fair, as s/he joined after Fruitbat, even if it was before the original posting of this thread)
3. Catuscatus1
4. Mattslandscape
5. Agavewoman
6. renae1503
7. michelle.h
8. cactuscollector
9. apfire
10. Alex

It no-one else steps in to kick another one off after this competition's finished, I might dig around my drawers to start another one, although as a perpetual postgrad student my drawer is frequently empty!

(* The fine print: I'll ask HN to keep an eye out for anonymous proxies, and for multiple memberships from a single ISP address. I hate saying this, but I don't want this to be rorted by unscrupulous folk!)

Last edited by WoodDragon on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Competition for new members   Competition for new members EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 3:11 pm

After a false start with a spammer, finally we have ten new members who've also posted.

I will dive into a random number generator and pick a winner, and annouce the result soon.

Someone will have a few packets of seeds before Christmas!
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Competition for new members   Competition for new members EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:26 pm

WoodDragon has not posted or visited the forum in a while and I don't believe he will come through with the prize etc.

I am going to lock this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Competition for new members   Competition for new members Empty

Back to top Go down

Competition for new members
Page 1 of 1