Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Empty

Show us your cacti

Go down 
+21
cryptocarpa
blowng
Sponge
mutant
Plantsoma
Vicki
MichaelCactus
lewis
calycium
Hellonasty
Squil
PD
Stutters
San Rainbow
Kada
trigonus
sacred pedro
parrotsheaven
Gracie
slim6y
watertrade
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0731bc9Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0730xl4Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0729ny9Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0728ly6
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 5:41 pm

Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0740ns4Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0725mo7Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0733bf8
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 5:47 pm

Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0738nm5Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0736uq7Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0735dj9
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 5:53 pm

Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0732ar2Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0741jf0Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0739ej5
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:02 pm

When you said you had a few buried I did not know what to think .............. just a couple lol

That is great you have your own little nursery going there.

I will have to show my friends how you get the pups growing from the one you have laying down, it looks like you have them in the ground a little???

Is it raining down your way some of the cacti are wet, send it up north if you can Wink
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:21 pm

Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0726lh3Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Img0742ls2

Some more Tricho pics for you Smile

Pics # 1234 Various.
Pic # 5, T. bridgesii "Gardenworld" on left and T. bridgesii "Lil skinny" on right
Pic # 6, T. pachanoi "PC"
Pic # 7, T. bridgesii "Psycho0"
Pic # 8, T. bridgesii "Bruce"
Pic # 9, Trichocereus "J1"
Pic #10, T. pachanoi "Yowie"
Pic #11, Various
Pic #12, Trichocereus "J1"
Pic #13, T. bridgesii "Eileen"
Pic #14, T. pachanoi "Super pedro"
Pic #15, T. bridgesii "Psycho0"

Am about to start work on a new garden for my larger Tricho plants, will be more of a well set out "display" garden rather than the rows and rows of stock plants. I will get pics as i progess.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Hey PD what area of Vic. ? do you get frost there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kilomuncher.com
calycium
calycium

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:27 pm

PD,
what a great looking collection - and all in the ground. Must ghave saved a fortune on pots and soil. Enjoyed having a look at them all.
Back to top Go down
calycium
calycium

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:30 pm

PD,
wow the pics just keep coming. Was good to get a look at so many different types - thanks for labelling them.

Last edited by calycium on Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:31 pm

The logs that are laying down are just starting to really throw the pups out now and yes they are buried just a little. I have seen another grower dothis with alot of his trichos and well, the results are fantastic IMO, that is if you have enough material and space to do it with. They seem to pup right along the length of the log and at both ends once they send their roots down. The bridgesii in question is a VERY fast grower, prolly the fastest growing tricho i have in the garden hands down.

Jeez, i really need to do some weeding in there, stinging nettle soup anyone? Razz
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:36 pm

North east vic Gracie, right on the border,plenty frost here. Well, we havent really had any big frosts this year (yet) at all but last year we got down to -12c on more than a few occasions, didnt seem to bother the trichos any Very Happy
Back to top Go down
calycium
calycium

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:39 pm

PD, what is your soil like - sandy with good drainage, or at the other end and all clay? Did you mix anything into it. Might hunt down some logs now that my interest has piqued and try a garden planting.

Did I say it before about your garden - WOW!!
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:54 pm

PD wrote:
North east vic Gracie, right on the border,plenty frost here. Well, we havent really had any big frosts this year (yet) at all but last year we got down to -12c on more than a few occasions, didnt seem to bother the trichos any Very Happy

And I grizzle at -3C but -12C brrrrrrrrrrrrrr that's cold or is that a typo?
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 7:05 pm

The soil where i have planted in one garden was where an old childrens pool was so it was all sand, it had also had alot of compost and wood ash mixed in over the years since the pool was moved. The other lot small cuttings were placed on pretty much the same sort of soil but with more ash and less sand. I have planted directly into the poorer red soil around the place though, right before winter to no ill effect. I think once the trichos have roots down there isnt much that can bother them in this climate. Its the humidity that can do more damage to the trichos imo.
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Haha, no typo Betty, It was freeeeezing. I was a little worried about my trichos when the first one hit but now i dont worry at all. Im sure one day frost will take a bite out of something i treasure.
Back to top Go down
calycium
calycium

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 7:07 pm

Thanks PD,

gives me more courage to plant something in "the wild" away from my greenhouse.

cheers
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 7:09 pm

Its a wonder it didn't snow lol

I had a couple touched by the minus 3 last winter but not enough to cause too much damage, just added a bit of character
Back to top Go down
MichaelCactus
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:25 pm

Im new to cacti pretty much and know nothing about them really, just ask Betty or Lewis Razz But here are a couple quick ones i uploaded, dont have any good shots of cacti Sad

Echinopsis Oxygona? - Variegated
Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Echinopsisoxygonajb6

Astrophytum Myriostigma Hakuun
Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Astrophytummyriostigmacaw6

Sorry about the size and quality of the photos, im no good with photography.
Back to top Go down
MichaelCactus
Calm and Collected

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:26 pm

Damn why is the 1st one so big?
Back to top Go down
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:35 pm

nice variegated echinopsis.
cool hakuun. Smile very good specimen
in fact it looks healthier than mine, which has some marks but 7 ribs, well its back to 5 now since it grew them then dropped them. now it looks somewhat distorted/monstrose.
i do have 2 proper A. myriostigma cv 'Multicostatum' (many ribs), one with 7 ribs and one double header with 8 each.
Back to top Go down
MichaelCactus
Calm and Collected

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Hahaha so i have heard, and am quite jelous of Lewis Razz

I want to goto CC, but dad wont drive me :mad:
Back to top Go down
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:52 pm

i plan to get another hakuun (or my existing one) and try de graft it next spring so i have an own roots specimen. the grafted one isn't rare.. its probably the commonest astro cultivar in melb...its always offered grafted...own roots one is near impossible to find for sale. a pretty cool cv though, name means 'cloudy sky'.
another alternative is to cut the hylo a few cms below the union of the stock and scion, then root the hylo and bury it so it at least looks like a self rooted plant.
Back to top Go down
MichaelCactus
Calm and Collected

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 4:56 pm

Yeh we had talked about degrafting them, but i didnt think you would go through with yours.
If theyre so common in Melb, why dont i have more Razz Id happily buy some more Smile
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:36 pm

Nice variegated echinopsis there. I have 2 of the same, one very large and one about 10cms. Now all they gotta do is produce a few pups with the same trait, i have noticed one so far but i want more dammit Razz Still, doesnt beat the variegated T. pachanoi i ALMOST had in my hot lil hands the other day, im still kickin myself.
Back to top Go down
MichaelCactus
Calm and Collected

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 24, 2008 5:58 pm

Cool, myne came from a little pup i grabbed off a plant a few years ago, now mynes pupping up, i knocked 2 of the bigger ones off by accident, gotta plant em now. Altho id rather let it grow in one big singular plant.
You should have dived onto it, prickles are nothing once you got it:P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your cacti   Show us  your cacti - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Show us your cacti
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next