Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Empty

vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????

Go down 
+5
Hellonasty
WoodDragon
Olga
Vicki
blowng
9 posters
AuthorMessage
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 10:31 pm

i cant seem to be able to view his catalogue anymore is anyone else having problems or is it my computer?
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Calm and Collected
Vicki

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:54 am

seems to working ok

http://www.cactus-seeds.com/
Back to top Go down
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 8:35 am

yeah no i still cant view or download his seed catalogue still....maybe im missing something , god knows, but yeah i can open his web page no problem, pretty depressing as i like to drool over his range of seeds
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-11-08

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:33 am

What browser are you using?
Back to top Go down
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:19 am

mozilla firefox, it pops up with a message { windows cannot open this file-to open this file windows needs to know what program created it etc...} am i missing something? ill try explorer...nope that didnt work
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 11:37 am

I'm using Firefox too and no problems, have you updated to the latest version? I can't think why it wouldn't work unless you don't have excel or an excel viewer
Back to top Go down
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:42 pm

oh thankyou olga!! i knew i had to install something but didnt know what ,it was driving me mad..so i just reinstalled the free excel viewer and presto ... back to the seed catalogue to dream vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Hooray vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 4:24 pm

Hey guys.

I emailed Vlado over a week ago about the availability of some seeds that I'm after, but I've heard nothing back.

Is he still running, or have I missed the boat?
Back to top Go down
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:17 pm

hes been on holidays but definitely still goin
Back to top Go down
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:49 pm

Hey all.

I've just been emailing with Vlado and he's still open for trade, but it seems that he has an overseas interest for his business. This will be a huge loss for Australians, especially as this will mean that some species that he supplies that can no longer be legally imported with disappear with the rest of the stock OS.

I have put in an order for the taxa that are of interest to me, but I thought that it might be worth coordinating, amongst a group of cactophiles, a binge of ordering from Vlado so that a decent swathe of the genetic provenance of his business is not lost to Aussies forever. Either that, or someone with deep pockets offers to take over and keep it in Australia!

Sadly, he was out of stock of Disocactus amazonica. vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Icon_sad I was devastated to find this out, as it was the species that I most wanted! Is there anyone here who might be able to help me track some of this down?
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 7:43 pm

WoodDragon,

Yes I can help you out Smile

PM me.
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 pm

I actually spoke to Vlado a while ago about it, I just couldn't afford to take it on. He did tell me about the international guy who wanted to buy it, but also said there was a local lady who was attempting to buy it.
That said it has been up for sale for years from what I saw on his site, there really doesn't seem to be anything that compares to his range. But it's a big outlay, not an unfair price as he has a heck of a lot of stock, but with the economy the way it is it's a difficult time to be selling a business
Back to top Go down
cactuscook
cactuscook

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-04-29

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptySun May 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Love to know how much in $ he wanted for the business as collecting and growing seed is a passion of mine i have never purchased seed from him only traded with fellow growers aust wide would love some of the rare stuff though to graft and then produce own seed.
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 7:18 pm

Curious as to what happened to Vlado's business...anyone know ??

I seem to recall an email from him saying he sold it, but never heard anything ever again...even emailed from the webpage to the (I assume) new owner and didn't get a response. Strikes me as strange that someone would buy a business and then not actually trade ??

Site is still up but hasn't been updated since the takeover it seems...still has Vlado's goodbye message on the front page..
Back to top Go down
SneakyCuttlefish
SneakyCuttlefish

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:21 pm

I wonder also. I bought some seeds from him in 2012. Had to go to extraordinary lengths to get in contact but got there in the end. Just speculation but perhaps the new owners are re-structuring before opening trade.
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 9:28 pm

he he.

i have had the pleasure cast apon me.

i have enjoyed coffee and super impressive conversations with this guy. cacti is one thing. greater good of humanity is much more pressing... vlad & i agreed on this.
he is very nice to be around.
he is an important figure for more than just cacti seeds!

whatever your doing mate keep doing it. this world needs people like yo self!

rob.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????   vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open???? Empty

Back to top Go down

vlado viglasky /arizona cactus garden still open????
Page 1 of 1