Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Empty

Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:22 am

...or something else to take your fancy?
Have captured a few pix over last couple of weeks. I offer them for your pleasure.

Stars & Stripes has been a real treat with 16 flowers in one go, the small garden specimen managed two this yime round
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_StarsandStripes_1209a Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_StarsandStripes_1209b Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_StarsandStripes_1209c Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_StarsandStripes_1209d

And the peanuts...

An unknown cultivar:
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_chamaecereus_X_583NAT-2 Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_chamaecereus_X_583NAT-1 Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_chamaecereus_X_583NATK_1

cv "Wotan":
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_chamaecereus_wotan_2009a Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_chamaecereus_wotan_2009b Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_chamaecereus_wotan_2009c

and the real deal:
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_chamaecereus_1209a Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_chamaecereus_1209b

This one was labelled L. pentlandii, but I don't think that's what it is:
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_pentlandii_1209a Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_pentlandii_1209b Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_pentlandii_1209c Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_pentlandii_1209d

Another unknown cultivar:
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsissp_377ALLN_1209a Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsissp_377ALLN_1209b Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsissp_377ALLN_1209c

L. cinnabarina (syn draxleriana):
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_cinnabarina_1209a Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_cinnabarina_1209b Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_cinnabarina_1209c

L. lateritia (syn carminantha):
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_lateritia_carminantha_1209

other unknowns:
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_sp883NATK_1209a Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_sp883NATK_1209b Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_sp759NATK_1209_

Enjoy,

CP
Back to top Go down
KanJe
watchman
KanJe

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 10:29 am

Stunning as usual. I'd love to come and see your garden one day CP.
Great work.
Back to top Go down
https://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/KanJe_Garden/
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 5:44 pm

great flowers CP i have purchased a couple of different chamacereus sylvestrii myself recently and i am amazed by the difference, and when looking up the species i find that the yellow bannana graft is the same species. i am looking forward to getting some seed of mine and seing what variations can come of them.

i also purchased a lobivia arachnacantha and am about to get a flower... the plant is tiny but the flower looks like it is going to be huge!!!

once again... amazing plants CP!!!

kind regards
Darren
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 7:29 am

Thanks Darren, this year I have tried cross pollination of a couple of my chamaecereus, just to see what I get.
L arachnacantha is a nice little species, it'll be interesting to see what colour the flower is on yours, mine ispinkish red, and I used to have a white one.

CP
Back to top Go down
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:29 pm

i think i missed the flower of L. aracnachantha today but it looks like dark pink... it is a tiny plant only about 2cm across but the flower must have been 3-4 times the size of the plant. i am spewing that i missed it i had to work late.
hopefully i dont have to work back tomorrow and i will get a picture to compare with yours!!

regards
Darren
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 6:53 pm

Darren wrote:
i think i missed the flower of L. aracnachantha today but it looks like dark pink... it is a tiny plant only about 2cm across but the flower must have been 3-4 times the size of the plant. i am spewing that i missed it i had to work late.
hopefully i dont have to work back tomorrow and i will get a picture to compare with yours!!

regards
Darren

Ain't it a bummer when that happens... the flower on this species is usually quite large by comparison to the plant body.

Here's a couple of pics of mine, unfortunately I lost the white one.
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Lobivia_arachnacantha_1208c Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_Echinopsis_ancistrophora_ssp_ara-2

Kanje - thanks, you'd be welcome to visit sometimes.

Cheers, CP
Back to top Go down
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:17 pm

i think mine would have looked much like the first one hopefully it is open again tomorrow!!

i am trying to make lobivia another of my target species. that white one looks great but i must send condolances... very unfortunate.

regards
Darren
Back to top Go down
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 4:24 pm

Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_RIMG0687
i finally got a pic of the flower but i reckon i was an hour late
Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Th_RIMG0688
this shows the size of the flower compared to the plant... i realy like this one.

Lobivia arachnacantha or does it come under echinopsis arachnacantha?

regards
Darren
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Darren wrote:

Lobivia arachnacantha or does it come under echinopsis arachnacantha?

regards
Darren

Nice one indeed mate!
It is now correctly labelled Echinopsis ancistrophora ssp. arachnacantha, I think this dark pink form was once known as L. ancistrophora var. torrecillacensis.

CP
Back to top Go down
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:57 pm

does that mean all lobivia now come under echinopsis?
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:38 pm

Darren wrote:
does that mean all lobivia now come under echinopsis?

Yes 'fraid so... I still like the name Lobivia though. Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Icon_wink

CP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?   Stars & Stripes or Peanuts? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stars & Stripes or Peanuts?
Page 1 of 1