Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Starastrophytum.com Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Starastrophytum.com Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Starastrophytum.com Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Starastrophytum.com Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Starastrophytum.com Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Starastrophytum.com Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Starastrophytum.com Empty

Starastrophytum.com

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bgossco

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-04-06

PostSubject: Starastrophytum.com   Starastrophytum.com EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has acquired seed from here?
I did order in november and seller was very quick with communication and postage only it has been 5 weeks now and should of been here (post from Europe with tracking number )
If quarantine got them I would of at least got the letter notifying of being ceased so I fear the seeds are M.I.A. 147$ lost in post...
Anyone else successfully bought from here? Awesome seed availble.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Starastrophytum.com   Starastrophytum.com EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 9:08 am

No info on that webiste sorry. Man that's a lot of $$ to loose and some precious seeds too !! I hope you get the order.

I agree 5 weeks is a very long time for EU however once I ordered a product from EU that was sent via international express post which normally takes 4 days to my place. I finally got the package almost 2 months later, the packaging looked like it has been on quite a journey.

You should be able to chase up where the parcel is if you have the tracking number, use this website it is awesome and makes overseas tracking easy.

http://www.track-trace.com/

Put yours in the Post/EMS box and follow the instructions. If it has been seized it usually says that on the tracking, or waiting clearance from customs. If none of that exists make an enquiry/complaint with the overseas mail company and they "should' investigate it.

Hope this helps
Good luck
HN

Back to top Go down
midlife crisis

midlife crisis

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Starastrophytum.com   Starastrophytum.com EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 6:53 pm

I have waited over eight weeks for seeds from Europe and they came through with out being inspected so don't give up hope.
I also had a packet take over 5 weeks from USA but the one that I was expecting to arive late from Europe arrived just before Xmas ( the fastest so far) and I didn't expect to see it until after the new year because of the Xmas back log. confused

Cheers
Midlife
Back to top Go down
bgossco

PostSubject: Re: Starastrophytum.com   Starastrophytum.com EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Thank you Hellonasty and midlife for your response.
I did as you suggested HN and used track trace and again only showed it left czech on the 20th nov. So then i contacted czech post and they replied as follows:

Good morning,
I'm sorry, but the consignments in international running are not during all transportation track on-line and isn't possibility to find, where is the registered letter in this time. The consignment left Czech republic 20.11.2012 by economic way (no priority in transport). For dispatches in international intercourse are not determinate fixed terms of transport, only time approximate. It is for consignments economic (non priority) , oversea (f. ex. Australia) 1 - 3 months.
As far as consignment wasn't delivery nor up dating, I advice you to ask the sender to apply on his

post-office the complaint (with the postal receipt).
Yours truly,
Eva Šindlerová

Call centrum

It is 3 months today so i can only hope the seeds have made their way to a cacti enthusiast like myself.
This could of been a great source for rare astro seed but alas. If anyone does happen to try an order from here and is successful please post here.. don't be discouraged by my unlucky experience Smile
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Starastrophytum.com   Starastrophytum.com EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 9:27 am

Now it has been so long try and put the number into the tracking section of the aus post web site and see if anything comes up. Sadly I think you are right and it's gone Sad
Back to top Go down
bgossco

PostSubject: Re: Starastrophytum.com   Starastrophytum.com EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Well guys happy days! I got home today to see an urgent reminder note for the seeds!
This whole time aus post have been slack and not logged it nor left a first or reminder not that my item is at a post office!

I had given up hope but now I'm excited to see some rare Astros emerge wen I get round to planting and grafting Cool

I'm pleased to say that besides the postal delay roman from star astrophytum was a pleasure to deal with and packaging is fantastic, very secure and prompt service.
If anyone does purchase from here please post what you have ordered! I ordered 600 mix Thai astro cv seeds.

Much respect to hellonasty for advice and help, please pm me ur deets as I would like to send 50 seeds from this mix to you.
Back to top Go down
midlife crisis

midlife crisis

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Starastrophytum.com   Starastrophytum.com EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 7:12 pm

Great news bgossco
I have had a look at there website and they have some very cool Astros. I am interested in ordering seeds from them but I would like to know what the germ rates are like if you could let us know.

Cheers
Midlife
Back to top Go down
astro_clo

astro_clo

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2016-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Starastrophytum.com   Starastrophytum.com EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 3:16 pm

Hello all,

I'm keen to know the germination rate of the starastrophytum seeds too? I am thinking of buying a mix also, their astros are truly drool worthy!

astro_clo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starastrophytum.com   Starastrophytum.com Empty

Back to top Go down

Starastrophytum.com
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: Around The Fire-
Jump to: