Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Empty

Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TasV

TasV

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines'   Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:12 pm

Uncropped with 105mm macro + 68mm macro extension tubes + flash. Few months old. 2-3mm high and wide. Will try and take a better shot (bigger DOF) when I find what I've done with my tripod and cable release Rolling Eyes

Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Plumos10

Cropped with just the macro lens:

Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Plumos11
Back to top Go down
cryptocarpa
Calm and Collected
cryptocarpa

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines'   Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 8:56 pm

That is awesome macro..."to see a world in a grain of sand". Just shows how amazing and beautiful things that are often overlooked are.
What sort of camera are you using? I have thought of investing in decent DSLR and if these are the results I might have to.
Back to top Go down
TasV

TasV

PostSubject: Re: Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines'   Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:02 pm

Mine is an entry level dSLR that I got when dSLR first began appearing... it's the first Canon dSLR; a 300D. It still does a good job though I covet a 5D or better now... macro always reminds me of a quote Steve Parish made in one of his books:

"The Closer you look the more you see"
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines'   Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:18 pm

Lovely photo's TasV! Amazing how the spination already looks plumosa like !

Good stuff!
Back to top Go down
TasV

TasV

PostSubject: Re: Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines'   Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 9:30 pm

There's a story behind why I took the photo too. I sowed these seeds some time ago and sat the container in the space under my aquarium lights. I figured it would be nice and warm there above the warm water and there is three tubes of high output fluoro lighting over it. I came home from work to find the tray floating in the aquarium. My 5 year old Son decided he was going to water Daddy's seeds for him Rolling Eyes After saying a few expletives under my breath I decided to drain the water and leave it to see if anything would survive the dunking. This is the only one that did but on one side of the container was Mam. plumosa seeds and on the other side was Mam. glassii seeds... in the wash they were mixed and God knows what ended up where Shocked So, I took the macro to see if I could see anything that might ID it either way... looks pretty conclusive to me... plumosa it is... was pretty happy about it too... I was sure it would be glassii so I ended up buying a few more batches of plumosa seed the other day to try again Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines'   Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines' Empty

Back to top Go down

Mam. plumosa seedling.. first 'spines'
Page 1 of 1