Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) Empty

Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)

Go down 
+2
trigonus
calycium
6 posters
AuthorMessage
calycium
calycium

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:37 pm

While I was in Bunnings, trying to find the kids something nice to buy Mum (it's fun telling a four year old that he should give Mum a cactus, knowing you'll get it right back to add to your collection Very Happy ) Actually we bought her some nice indoor plants - and she was so impressed that SHE gave me permission to pick up a couple of Bunnings plants.

What do you think of these:

Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) 2482121465_e7188daa3e_b

Got to be happy with this

- Two Gymnocalycium Mihanovichiis for $5 each.
- Grafted gymno with 2 pups $6.99
- Blue Myrtle ready to be chopped in half and used as a graft $8
- HUGE Astophytum Myriostigma - nudum? $8

So I was thinking it was really an early fathers day Very Happy

Last edited by calycium on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:58 pm

Nice finds. Are you sure that gymno isn't G. fredriechii? They look similiar. I have one that for ages I thought was G. mihanovichii, it's the former though, both nice species in their own right.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.auscactiforum.net
calycium
calycium

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:02 pm

Hi Trig,
you are right - they are similar, but I have to admit to cheating and bought them based on their massive labels. Very Happy

I bought two becasue they like to cross with each other and each will then have seed to give away on this forum later in the year (and some to graft).

Now to decide what to graft to the blue myrtle...
Back to top Go down
slim6y
Calm and Collected
slim6y

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:05 pm

I got that gymno today too haha... It also eluded to it being mihanovichiis.

I also scored another gymno (which looks just loke a notocactus tho), a mammaliria, a small echinocactus and an unknown.

But from Big W.
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptySun May 11, 2008 9:16 pm

All good calycium, they do admittedly look more like G. mihanovichii, not sure what the EXACT difference is, they do look very similiar. Nice finds once again, wish my local bunnings yielded such good cactus. Mine usually only stock very common and extremely gnat infested cacti, poor bloody plants.

Haha that's a bit underhanded getting your kids to buy cacti for the missus for Mother's day though, I like your style Wink, you cactophile.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.auscactiforum.net
calycium
calycium

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptySun May 11, 2008 10:12 pm

Yeah,
it was a bit cheeky Very Happy

Had to drive to 2 Big Ws and bypass one bunnings that I new had rubblish plants in it
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptySun May 11, 2008 10:29 pm

Nice score on the astro !!
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Those are some nice plants... I particularly like the Astro. I saw some nice plants at a local Bunnings the other day. I might have to spin by there tomorrow and see if anything of interest remains...
Back to top Go down
calycium
calycium

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptyMon May 12, 2008 10:46 pm

The Astro was grown by Paradosia nursery? It is a really decent size and not a mark on it.
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptyMon May 12, 2008 11:13 pm

Paradisia nursery??

Pretty sure that is collectors corner in melbourne, lotsa nice plants there.
Back to top Go down
calycium
calycium

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) EmptyTue May 13, 2008 7:27 pm

Collectors Corner is an awesome shop, I try and avoid it whenever I'm in melbourne because I can't help buy their stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)   Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti) Empty

Back to top Go down

Mothers Day Bunnings Bargins (for Fathers who enjoy cacti)
Page 1 of 1