Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? Empty

Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mr_diesel60

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?   Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 am

Hi,

I purchased a Trichocereus pasacana plant to add to my small (but growing!!) collection. It is only small at the moment, at around 1 foot tall. I was hoping to see if anyone here has grown one up to maturity. I'm particularity interested to see if any stems have developed of the main trunk.

I purchased it from Plant World in Keysbourough. They have a 10-15yo example there, but it's grow has been stunted as it's in a small pot.

Cheers,

Paul.
Back to top Go down
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?   Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 11:59 am

i wish i could say it was in my front yard, but found it off google , they sure get big , in time Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? 277086499_e2b8a5aca0
Back to top Go down
prier

prier

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?   Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:27 pm

Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? Img_0110
Back to top Go down
prier

prier

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?   Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:29 pm

From Dawsons cactus garden, a must see garden if you live in victoria. I've got more photos but you should just go and see them for yourself, they're ony a couple of hours from Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
mr_diesel60

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?   Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:03 pm

WOW!! That was my first though!! My second thought was "Oh bugger... they're a bit bit". But then luckily they are slow growing. I have to see this garden!! I found "Cactus Country" and will be visiting there in October to take lots of pic and film. Amazing. Imagine having one of those in your back / front yard?? I'm sending you a P.M
Back to top Go down
AmnesiA

AmnesiA

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?   Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Cactus Country is freaking awesome, you wont regret going. But advice is make sure you go when it's cooler day cos it's alot to take in and walk around It was hellish hot when I went and sunburn to boot but it was worth it. You could easily spend anywhere from 3-6hours depending on how cactus mad you are. and the photo ops are fantastic, you might even be lucky enough to see some of the under construction coming to life (it was only just starting when i went a year ago) Id take some spare spending cash too, his price aren't much diff to any other major cacti outlet but you do get the odd rarer plant at great prices.

-A
Back to top Go down
mr_diesel60

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?   Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 4:51 am

Sounds great. I might take a few days off during winter as you suggested. I'll get mums video camera up and running as well. There is actually a you tube vid on this as well. I have to see this garden!
Back to top Go down
prier

prier

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?   Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Don't forget to check out Field's Cactus Farm while you're at it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?   Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone have pics of a mature Trichocereus Pasacana plant?
Page 1 of 1