Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Collectors Corner Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Collectors Corner Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Collectors Corner Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Collectors Corner Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Collectors Corner Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Collectors Corner Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Collectors Corner Empty

Collectors Corner

Go down 
+2
Olga
Vicki
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vicki
Calm and Collected
Vicki

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 9:08 pm

My daughter visited CC at the weekend and told me that the big cacti display area is gone. Does anyone know what is happening?
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

Number of posts : 229
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:43 am

They've been saying they're pulling it down since October and last week it suddenly disappeared. Apparently they're 'renovating', that's all I know, most of the regular staff are on holidays. I'll ask next time I go (I live a few minutes away)
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:16 pm

I dropped in there about three weeks ago and found the same... as far as I could tell from talking to staff, the garden is being relocated. I'm hoping all the plants will be preserved, as there were some real beauties in the collection.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Calm and Collected
Vicki

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 5:26 am

Thanks for the info, would be a shame to miss out on seeing those fantastic old specimens.
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 am

I miss the huge saguaro they used to have out front
Back to top Go down
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:10 pm

As Collectors' Corner has been mentioned, I'd love to hear from anyone local who is able to visit it, about what asclepiad species they offer.

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 7:00 am

You can email them, they sell on eBay now too

http://www.collectorscorner.com.au/
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 9:53 pm

Very little in the way of Ascleps, WoodDragon. Usually some S. variegata plants and quite often some un-named Huernia's, probably hystrix and usually all the plants there look like they're the same clone...
I go there maybe every two months and there's never been anything great Asclepiad wise...

Are you looking for anything in particular ?

Last time I was there one of the guys said the land behind them was being made into a bus yard/terminal or something, might be why they're moving the display, to allow better access or something...
Back to top Go down
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:21 pm

Hey Navajoa.

I'm looking for anything remotely Asclepiad that is not:

Huernia contorta
H. hislopii
Orbea varigata
Stapelia gettliffie
S. gigantea
S. hirsuta
S. leendertziae

That leaves close to two dozen genera, not including the scores of species in the three genera above!

They seem to be thin on the ground. Frustratingly, a 'huernia' that I bought at the same time as an O. varigata cutting off Evilbay finally opened its flower today, and confirmed my suspicion from the start - that it was just another O. varigata.

The photo supplied on the site was actually of an unnamed, but true, huernia, but as it was about a year ago I don't have the seller's ID or contact details, or I'd lodge a formal complaint.

It's a sad thing indeed to be afflicted with asclepiad obsession in the land Down Under, where the taxon is so thin on the ground...
Back to top Go down
prier

prier

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:26 pm

I hear that CC has a big new garden in the works.
Haven't been for a while, anyone know if they have any nice caudiciforms at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Olga
Calm and Collected
Olga

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:18 am

When I was there a few days ago they had actually taken one of the tables out and put the cacti on trolleys so I am not sure if the inside is being renovated as well. I got distracted asking about a problem with one of my plants and forgot to ask what was going on!
They do have quite a few caudiciforms atm but I don't know what you already have prier. They seem to have been getting tonnes of adenium in, most likely because they're in fashion lol, but they had some interesting ones with vines
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Collectors Corner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Collectors Corner   Collectors Corner Empty

Back to top Go down

Collectors Corner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: Around The Fire-
Jump to: