Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus Empty

Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus   Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 2:15 pm

Hey all... As winter draws to a close I'm looking at repotting some of my columnar Trichocereus plants, and I'm just wondering what time it is best to do this and also what sort of soil mix is recommended. Any ideas or suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus   Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 9:16 pm

Lachy,

There is heaps of info regarding soil for various plants but to be honest with trichos they will grow in just about anything. They really like a slightly alkaline mix so add some garden lime to it to adjust the PH. Trichos love water and ferts in the growing season so give them plenty of both.

Give it a few weeks and they should be fine to re-pot. I have just done some of mine so I guess that says something about their hardiness, it is still about 6-10deg at night here.
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus   Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 11:51 am

Sounds fair enough to me. It's still a bit chilly here so I think I'll hold off repotting until at least the start of september.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus   Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus Empty

Back to top Go down

Soil mix for Echinopsis / Trichocereus
Page 1 of 1