Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Hungry for huernias Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Hungry for huernias Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Hungry for huernias Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Hungry for huernias Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Hungry for huernias Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Hungry for huernias Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Hungry for huernias Empty

Hungry for huernias

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Hungry for huernias   Hungry for huernias EmptySat Oct 18, 2008 11:49 pm

Hi all.

I am hankering to add a few huernia species to my collection, and am wondeirng if anyone here might have cuttings available. Have only limited material to trade, but do have a little spare $.

Also curious to know if anyone has any stapelias that I don't yet have. So far I've found cuttings of varigata, leendertziae, and gigantea, and seeds of a few more. I'm just germinating the seeds now, and some look dodgey, so anything other than these three species and whatever doesn't sprout might be of interest.

Oh, and if anyone has an antidote for collecting spikies and succulents, please share! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Hungry for huernias   Hungry for huernias EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 11:35 am

WD sorry no antidote it just gets worse........ Twisted Evil

I gather you want to trade with others from Tas.........I don't think us from the mainland can send over to you or has this changed?
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hungry for huernias   Hungry for huernias EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 12:49 pm

Cuttings should be OK shouldn't they? As long as there is no soil in the parcel. You should check your local laws though WD.

Last edited by trigonus on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forum.auscactiforum.net
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hungry for huernias   Hungry for huernias EmptyMon Oct 20, 2008 12:45 am

When I purchase potted plants from commercial suppliers they send a phytosanitary certificate with the plants.

Other commercial suppliers that I have bought stuff from send their plants bare-rooted, and for this it appears that they don't need a certificate. It puzzles me somewhat as there are potential issues other than soil-borne ones, and yet many mainland suppliers routinely send to Tassie as long stuff is bare-rooted. In the past, and even this spring, I've got loads of bare-rooted fruit trees and some herbs from Greenpatch with no problem.

There are exceptions for weed-species of course, and some fruit and vegie species - you can often see mainland catalogues where 'Not to Tas' is plastered across some of the items offered, while the rest are fine. For example, organic tomato, chillie and corn seeds are not allowed. And every Autumn Gardening Australia has a catalogue where there are inevitably some species that I can't get in. Sad

There aren't too many mail-order cacti suppliers though. Of those that I have found some do send potted, with certification, but they are exy! No commercial operation seems to send cuttings, or bare-rooted cacti or succulents.

I'm leary of Ebay; especially as, being a student, I can't afford to bid against the rest of you! (That ant-plant looked fine...). And most Ebay sellers aren't bothered to fuss with certification when it's required.

Sadly, I don't know any Tasmanians with enormous cactus/succulent collections.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hungry for huernias   Hungry for huernias Empty

Back to top Go down

Hungry for huernias
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: Trade and Sell-
Jump to: