Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
International flower and garden show Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
International flower and garden show Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
International flower and garden show Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
International flower and garden show Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
International flower and garden show Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
International flower and garden show Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
International flower and garden show Empty

International flower and garden show

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Walker87
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: International flower and garden show   International flower and garden show EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:31 am

Greetings folks,
Just thought I'd share my recent experience attending the above mentioned event.
I was very excited when I heard it was on and had such high hopes for seeing a few rare and unusual cacti, well I certainly shouldn't have held such high hopes.
Cacti were without a doubt the most under represented plant type there!
There was a terrific display/stand put on by collectors corner which most from Melbourne will know has a fantastic cacti selection but unfortunately is only about 20 minutes from where I live so there was nothing I hadn't seen before, although they did seem to pull a few extra loph's out of storage or wherever they keep them so it was nice to see them up close and personal (they are usually locked in a cage)

Other than that there was just one other stand that sold a few cacti (2/3 at most) the rest were all succulents.
It was an enjoyable day even though it was extremely busy, almost to the point of insanity but still a few good things to admire even if they weren't cacti!

I know cacti aren't everyone's cup of tea but you would think with a event called the international flower and garden show there would be a better representation of plants from all genres.

For the record, I ended up picking up a few oddities could be cacti but are most likely succulents.
Going to pot them up today (they were bought as barely rooted cuttings) and I'll post some pics no doubt in the ID section!

Kind regards,

Walker87
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: International flower and garden show   International flower and garden show EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 12:51 pm

hey mate dont fret. the "flower & garden show" is about flowers... and gardens. ironicaly.

best you jump onto the "australian cacti and succulent societys weby and keep your eye out for the show witch usually happens around october... this show will make day short, pocket empty and jaw hit the floor.

start saving now is all i can say.

if you want to see cacti... cacti you will see!

then you will see the most spectacular examples of euphorbia that look like cacti also. a friend of mine usually submits insane plants of euphorbia. its a succulent yes. but never fear he displays some really nice cacti to. then you can buy your very own so all in all. dont miss it. save your pennys. i mean save. this show is d bomb!
Back to top Go down

International flower and garden show
Page 1 of 1