Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. Empty

melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wert

wert

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.   melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:48 am

trichocereus Scopulicola . it grows very large. this example i have will develope stems around 7 to 8" in diameter (not circumfrence!)

it has very small spines up to around 4.5 to 5 ish millimeters inits most matured growth.

as they do these grow very, very, very rapidly.

i use this species for grafting as its extremly robust and durable while being very tollerant of many differant cacti species graft union.
i also give this plant to friends and family as its a great cacti to have in your garden if you want to maintain your proprety without being stabbed to deep. lol.

i would like to trade in melbourne. i will meet you half way or whatever.
what i would like to trade for would be ariocarpus grafted on pereskiopsis. the plant can be as small or large as you like as long as you can provide me with photo or somat to prove the union is active.

i dont have unlimited amounts of the scopulicola so will be reserving for the trade as opposed to selling.

pm me if you have interest.

cheers rob.

i have edited this post as i mistakenly refered to the plant as super pedro...

this is error on my part. appologys.

Last edited by wert on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.   melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:02 pm

might add also that i will trade a nice fat branch around 2-2 1/2 ft for a bridgesii (melted wax) cutting. as long as the wax is 4" or more in lenth.

i will also swap very large (over 3-4ft) mature scop cutting for a small cutting taken fro you brigdesii inermis cristata.... if your interested. "i will happily throw a couple of cuttings of other tricho sp i have as a bonus for anyone who may be fortunate enough to own a cristata like such so i can wack him on a graft and watch the magic happen.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.   melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:39 pm

You are asking for some very specific and sought after plants here. Maybe try a broader approach or offer something as sought after as you are seeking. I have some of the plants you are after but I'm not willing to trade them for a Trichocereus Corobensis (this is the subspecies name of the 'Super Pedro') cutting.
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.   melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Hellonasty wrote:
Trichocereus Corobensis (this is the subspecies name of the 'Super Pedro') cutting.

thank you for that correction mate.

since my first post ive come to realize i erronously reffered to the plant as super pedro when infact i have scop for trade.
i appoligize hn.

couple of things to remember or concider here.

1. i know what i want. (yes they rare + sought after.)
2. i'm offering a large plant that might not be all that rare but its taken a lenth of time to reach its size... comparable to a peresky ario graft that one may produce in small fractions of the time. im only after a seedy thats taken remember.
3. im not interested in broadening my search ect. if no one has interest in the tricho at the cost of a seedy carpi graft then i will keep the tricho. i find this plant usefull enough.
4. dont be offended or think im being unreasonable as i have traded tricho in the past for astekium! this worked because i wanted the teky (he had more than one obiously) and my freind welcomed a new example of tricho. although in real world there is no comparison of value between the two plants. we both were satisfied.

im not trying to scam anyone here. i do not sell cacti. i have given many away and much prefer to trade than transact.
the ariocarpus would be used specificaly for collection and if anyone can help would be great as i lost all but one of my arios over the last 18mths.

Last edited by wert on Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.   melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:19 pm

Only trying to help mate, good luck with the trade.

HN
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.   melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 1:36 pm

Hellonasty wrote:
Only trying to help mate, good luck with the trade.

HN

i know. just put all that out there to avoid future relapses in the thread.

while i do not sell cacti i do however buy them. so mr nasty in the future when i get my finances soughted i will pm you and you may be able to help me out.

its really unfortunate for me atm as i lost many great examples of desirable plants that would have been usefull for trade. funny enough and ironicaly if i didnt lose them i wouldnt need to trade. lol.
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.   melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 10:03 pm

new trade offering

ok so things didnt quite turn out the way i would have liked... so due to this and also HN's recomendation im going to offer the scop in exchange for bridgesii. foot for foot kindathing.
so the bridgesii can be cutting does not need a tip though would be nice. only thing i will say is minimum lenth of one foot or 12 inches witch ever you prefer. remember in melbourne. sorry not posting.

see how this goes for a bit.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.   melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. EmptyMon May 19, 2014 5:06 pm

a big thank you
to the cool and kind member of acf for sorting me out.
i now have a melted wax in my collection... and they have to find room for a super chunky new addition!

nice 1 bruv!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.   melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii. Empty

Back to top Go down

melbourne. i have T.Scopulicola to trade. for bridgesii.
Page 1 of 1