Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. Empty

Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jk

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-11-12

PostSubject: Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha.   Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:14 pm

Is any one going to the Cactus and Succulent Show at Mt Cootha Botanic Gardens, on the 8th and 9th June next week?
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha.   Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 10:00 am

Nope. bit too far for me mate, but a few pics would be awesome.

HN
Back to top Go down
cooky173

cooky173

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha.   Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 9:10 pm

I went along this morning. Didn't take a camera. I don't think I will go next year as I have been disappointed in the roots of the plants (see whinging at the end of the post...)

Got there about 9:10 - the show opened at 9. Cruised around the show side pretty quickly and then went to the sales tables - it was fairly packed there at the time. Can't comment on the non cactus offerings, but there was a faiirly large range of cacti on offer.

I was aiming to extend the rarity fo the collection this year, rather than the quantity - picked up a few Ariocarpus, an O denegrii, saw some small Strombocactus Disciformus, passed over a Discocactus Horstii and then changed my mind, but it was too late by then.

There was a few melocactus with Cephaliums - I passed them over as it feels too much like cheating (same reason I skipped the D Horstii)

Didn't see any Ariocarpus Fissuratus, but I think they may have gone quickly. Didn't see any Astrophytum Caput Medusae either, but may have gone quick or I missed them.

Once I got home I decided I was fairly dissapointed in the plants I had bought. Almost all of them were overpotted, in a sandy, wet mix that with the weather we have been having probably would not have dried out for at least a month. A mamm plumosa had either no roots or very rotted roots. I had a problem with mealy bugs in last years plants, and one echnocereus had rot in the roots that it has only just recovered

I'm going to see Lester Meyers in a couple of weeks - I'll definitely take some photos there (if he is ok with it) and spend a few dollars....

Back to top Go down
jk

PostSubject: Re: Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha.   Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:00 pm

Had a great week-end I bought a Caput Medusae, some Astrophytums and Ariocarpus, I will put some photos up later date. That not good that you where disapointed Cooky! It was a good place to expand my collection.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cooky173

cooky173

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha.   Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 pm

Glad you found what you were looking for jk, I suggest you check the roots of the plants you bought just in case.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
jk

PostSubject: Re: Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha.   Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Shall do!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha.   Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cactus and Succulent Show Mt Cootha.
Page 1 of 1