Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
cant put up photos Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
cant put up photos Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
cant put up photos Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
cant put up photos Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
cant put up photos Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
cant put up photos Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
cant put up photos Empty

cant put up photos

Go down 
+4
Navajoa
Lachy
lewis
cactuscook
8 posters
AuthorMessage
cactuscook
cactuscook

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-04-29

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 11:57 am

I must be stupid because flickr have rearanged there website i would not have a clue now how to put up photos sorry to be a pain i hope that someone can help me out.
Back to top Go down
cactuscook
cactuscook

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 12:02 pm

cant put up photos Graft_10now to see if i can do that again this is what a caterpilla done to this mamm haernadezii i think it was a caterpilla
Back to top Go down
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:37 pm

dude

nasty.

could have possibly also been a rat or mouse?
did it appear over night?
have also had earwigs do similar damage.

one of my grafted ones of the above got hammered by a rat,
fortunately it calloused well and cos its grafted quickly outgrew it. now its not even noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 6:24 pm

Crikey... that looks like some sort of rodent... vermin.... varmint. Varmint-Cong.
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 8:10 pm

Ouch that's not nice...

And yeah Flickr are messing around, I think they want everyone to go to a flickr page rather than to an image, probably so they can sell more advertising or something down the track. I think you can get around it by going to the largest size picture, right clicking and choose "Copy Image Location" and use that in your post - at least that's what it is in Firefox.
Back to top Go down
cryptocarpa
Calm and Collected
cryptocarpa

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2009-03-14

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 9:57 pm

That looks like rats to me because the damage is so fresh and severe, I recently went to check one of my green houses after a few days and the buggers had eaten all my super kabuto X coahuilense 3year old seedlings. They left the skins but not one plant out of dozens, it's not fair I would have liked to try one but now I'll have to wait till the following years seedlings are a bit bigger.
Now I have said it before and I'll say it again, Talon......evil chuckle.
I don't know what has happened to me I used to be such an animal lover and am a committed non-meat eater. But somethings can just push a man too far and all I can say is pity help anything that decimates my astrophytum cultivars! cant put up photos Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Man that is nasty, could a rat reach the graft ?
Back to top Go down
cactuscook
cactuscook

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Maybe but there are about 50 different grafts next to it all my nice astrophytum asterias cvs and mamm leuthyi's but this was the one that is next to a small peice of wood were it is possible for a rat to stand on and eat the plant my dog usually kills them first, hope i see a dead one soon i cant use rat poison because of my dog.
I just hope over the next few days nothing else gets munched as i have my precious seedlings all near as well.
Could it be a new holland honey eater its a small black bird witha little yellow i have caught a few over the last few months flying in my hothouses now im on the ball and it is secured no entry for unwanted birds except i gap in this house were it is possible for them to get in but after the weekend they wont .
Back to top Go down
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-10-28

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 pm

I wouldnt suspect the honey eater cactuscook, they only eat nector and maybe some bees...if it is rats/ mice poison is the best way . You could place baits in a sealed container with a small mousey hole? Thats what i did and i found that the vermin ate the baits in the container without spreading them outside of it. Oh and have you tried photobucket for your photos?
Back to top Go down
cactuscook
cactuscook

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:01 pm

Yes again for some reason im having no luck at all putting up photos so ive given up two hours of going around in circles so until i figure out no more photos.
Back to top Go down
cooky173

cooky173

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-08-02

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Step by step from my album:

Start by clicking here

Then click a photo you want to post.

Then right click on the photo.

A menu pops up, with the option view available sizes, select whether you want medium or large.

A new page loads, now right click on the photo and go to properties, copy the address.

Then just paste that address between [ img] [/ img] tags
Back to top Go down
cactuscook
cactuscook

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 4:12 pm

Thanks for the help cooky173 i am a novice when it comes to computers so i am learning as i go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cant put up photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: cant put up photos   cant put up photos Empty

Back to top Go down

cant put up photos
Page 1 of 1