Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Empty

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!   Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 12:09 am

Crying or Very sad

My kids' mum moved a stack of my asclepiads from her place to my mum's, where I'm staying until I can put a studio up on my acreage, and they did not take care...

A lot of my plants which were formerly kept indoors went out on to an open veranda, with full exposure to almost freezing temperatures, and because I was away for a few days I didn't catch them. When I finally figured out what they'd done, a lot of my plants had curled up their roots. The hardest to take was the complete disintegration of an Orbea semota lutea and an Orbea decaisneana.

I have about a centimeter of the former left - I've been whittling it back and back to try to stop the black rot that keeps appearing. The decaisneana just fell apart and is no more...

And I'm not sure about my H. hislopii, or about a few other Huernias...

I'm shattered.
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!   Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:46 am

Major Bummer WD, hope you get some of them to pull through..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mutant
Calm and Collected
mutant

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!   Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 6:06 am

sorry to hear, hopefully you will have minimal loss and you get the collection back to as it was before in no time!
Back to top Go down
WoodDragon

WoodDragon

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!   Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 6:05 pm

[Sigh...]

Well, the Orbea semota lutea rotted toward the tip until what was left just dehydrated.

The hislopii is about to cark it too. I guess that I can source another one of those easily enough, but after much frantic searching I have found no Orbea semota lutea or Orbea decaisneana, and the bloke I bought the original plants from has disappeared.

Anyone here have a plant of either that they'd be willing to sell me a cutting from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!   Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: Succulents-
Jump to: