Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
When does my Notocactus begin to flower again? Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
When does my Notocactus begin to flower again? Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
When does my Notocactus begin to flower again? Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
When does my Notocactus begin to flower again? Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
When does my Notocactus begin to flower again? Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
When does my Notocactus begin to flower again? Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
When does my Notocactus begin to flower again? Empty

When does my Notocactus begin to flower again?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mr_diesel60

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-02-22

PostSubject: When does my Notocactus begin to flower again?   When does my Notocactus begin to flower again? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:21 pm

I purchased a small Notocactus around 2 months ago and it came with a beautiful flower. Since then It was accidently dropped out of its pot, but I have repotted it and it's now in a sunny position in my north facing window.

However, the lovely flower has since died off.

I'm guessing it will re-appear next spring and summer?

Also, i have given it a little water as the soil was dry. Should I do this every month as it's indoors? My larger pasacana's and golden barrel cactus in the greenhouse I haven't watered at all since mid may and was planning not to water them till late August. The green house door is kept open at all times not to allow the build up of moisture.

Thanks again guys!!

Regards,

Paul M.
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: When does my Notocactus begin to flower again?   When does my Notocactus begin to flower again? EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:25 pm

It should flower again come spring, but be careful with the water during winter. If it's inside and heated and getting sun, you might get away with it but if it gets too cold the plant will stop growing and if you water it too much there's a good chance it'll rot....
If you think the plant needs water, keep it to the outer edge of the pot, not near the base of the plant at all...
Back to top Go down

When does my Notocactus begin to flower again?
Page 1 of 1