Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale Empty

Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale

Go down 
+4
Lachy
scarab
fruitbat
Hellonasty
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySun May 30, 2010 2:33 pm

I have some ultra fresh (harvested today) Chilli seeds if anyone would like to trade. I'm after any other Chilli seeds I don't have or cactus seeds.

Available are a few hundred of each:

Habanero "Magnum" Heat 10
Habanero "Orange/Pepe" Heat 10

African bird's-eye "Peri Peri" Heat 8, this is my personal favourite.

Australian native "Broome" Heat 6

Thats all for now,

Post here or PM me.

Last edited by Hellonasty on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 11:17 am

Chilli seeds are available again,

I have all of what is listed above with the addition of:

Bih Jolokia (fruity Jolokia) - Extreme heat
Bhut Jolokia/Naga Jolokia (little bitter, but hotter) - Extreme heat

I will trade for anything I don't have or sell,

The Habaneros or anything in the first post is $4 for 15 seeds
The Jolokia's are $5 for 15 seeds.

HN

Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:30 pm

Jolokia Pods Smile

Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale 5329846930_488729c11e_z
Back to top Go down
fruitbat

fruitbat

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Hi HN. Being a bit of a Chilli Head myself, I would like to take you up on a pack of 15 seeds of each, thanks.

I've got Lithops seed to trade if you are interested plus some other stuff. PM me please.

Bhut Jolokia - these little baby's can blow your head off!! Read about them 10 years ago on a flight to Melbourne in an 'in-flight' magazine. It took 4 pages to tell you where they were bred and why...seems the Indians like the flavour but are very carefull to make sure they remove every last pod from the curry!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ozlithops.com
scarab

scarab

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 12:12 am

ta for sharing HN
i would like 15 of each of
Bih Jolokia
Bhut Jolokia/Naga Jolokia
African bird's-eye "Peri Peri"
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 am

Fruitbat, Scarab and the others who have not posted, I have your orders and have sent you a PM.

Still plenty available although the Jolokia's are going fast.

Last edited by Hellonasty on Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 9:39 am

Habanero Pods

Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale 5333774585_b1ec845d7c_z

Back to top Go down
scarab

scarab

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:08 am

thanks HN you are a pleasure to deal with
5 seeds of each planted out today
cant stand the taste of habaneros myself. i had them when i was pregnant Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
scarab

scarab

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:39 am

my chillis are starting to sprout!
question: if i want to "save" non-hybrid seed, do i need to grow only one type of chilli ? how far away should different types be grown from each other?
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Scarab, thanks for the kind words. I appreciate that.

Generally chillis are difficult to create hybrids, they will take the easy route and self pollinate nearly all the time. I have 10 plants spaced about 50cm between each and they have never produced a hybrid for me. Looking back 50cm is probably not enough, they are all touching now and look like one massive bush.

Congrats on getting germination, some can be difficult.

Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:11 pm

These look awesome! I'm a bit of a chillihead... currently growing Habaneros, Hungarian Wax, Jalapeno and Thai Birdseye, plus an ornamental that is possibly a Numex Twilight.

I've never tried growing (or eating) the Jolokias before. Are they much more difficult to grow?
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Lachy,

The only difference I have found with th Jolokia's is germination, they require a nice constant temperature of between 25-30degrees to germinate. Done right they come up in 7-10 days but can take up to 2 months.

Back to top Go down
lhb2444

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Hellonasty wrote:

Habanero Pods

Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale 5333774585_b1ec845d7c_z

Hello hellonasty,

Beautiful looking habanero's you've got there! Just wondering what you do with them? I've recently harvested a nice bunch of these really hot habanero's that are a almost a dark chocolate colour (I don't have pics however as I'm at work) and I've tried drying some with little success (tried drying in the sun and in the oven) They now seem to be turning a translucent colour and are looking pretty bad so what do you do to keep your habanero's?
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:49 pm

I dry them in a food dehydrator or an oven on very very low heat and them blend/grind them up and make nice Habanero flakes. This way you have heaps of chilli for the winter months.

HN
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:49 pm

HN, you mentioned an Australian native chilli in your first post. Do you have any pics? Can you give us any background on this plant?
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 9:58 am

I believe the origin is Darwin or at least the northern region of NT/WA, a Capsicum Annuum species with a moderate heat. They have an odd shape with a flat or squared off nose and they ripen in splotches. What I mean is top may be completely red whilst the middle and nose are green.

I will go and take a picture now for you Smile I think I have a few just about ripe.

Last edited by Hellonasty on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 am

Well I didn't have as many as I thought but here are a few pics. They normally get bigger than this but the plant is being taken over by a massive Bih Jolokia.

Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale 5432302004_119dca1a35_z

Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale 5431692449_5864952733_z
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 6:26 pm

I now have absolutely bucket loads of Naga Jolokia seeds available, anyone after any contact me via PM.

Will also have some very interesting Carribeans and hybrids available soon Smile
Back to top Go down
scarab

scarab

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:32 am

100% germ rate on the Nagas ! and Peri Peri, 80% germ rate on the Bih Jolokia so far Smile
i planted the Broome recently so will see how they go
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Glad to hear Smile
Back to top Go down
SnowFella
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Figured I'd toss this in here just for fun, don't try this at home!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZxilSwZMYQ
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:10 am

Ahh, good ol' Neil. I first watched his chilli test vids a few years back and he's been a hero of mine ever since.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 9:17 am

I bought my original seeds from Neil a few years ago, a top bloke and really a pleasure to do business with. However he is obviously completely bonkers !! I can't put in to words how hot those things are. Not for eating in my opinion but great for making sauce or stews etc.
Back to top Go down
keisi

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 pm

Hello everybody ,i have seeds from:
georgia chokolate,bubba,criola sella,pinochios nose,citron chili,bishop crown,hot palette,brazil multicolour acorn,
i have some more variouties
if somebody is interested i can send 5 seeds for 5 $ but i am from Bulgaria so will send it via post!Contact me and many regards to all chili enthusiasts:)
Back to top Go down
Chef

Chef

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 3:38 pm

Does anyone here have "peter's pepper" (penis pepper)

This is an awsome chilli thread by the way!

Cheers, Chef
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale   Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Chilli Seeds Anyone ? a few for trade/sale
Page 1 of 1