Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Empty

Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:01 pm

I've waited for yonks for this to flower, and until now it has been downright stubborn.

I love the pale yellowish white flowers and the pinkish tips of the petals.

Certainly been worth the wait.

Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Th_CoryphanthaMaizTablasensis_0310a Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Th_CoryphanthaMaizTablasensis_0310b

Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Th_Coryphantha_maiz-tablasensis_0309 Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Th_Coryphantha_maiztablasensis_0709

Cheers, CP
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 9:25 pm

Yeah I agree a nice flower Smile
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 4:29 pm

Nice one, the body certainly indicates the Cory's relationship to the Mamms. Looks almost more Mamm than Cory, except for the furrows being a give away!
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Glad you like it friends.

This specimen is about 32 years old, and is 10cm high and 9cm wide, has been quite a slow grower, and even slower flowerer.

It is my oldest Cory. I bought it as a 4yo seedling back in '82 from a bloke in Yarraville... that is back before the Tasmanian quarantine paranoia of recent times, and mail order was the only way to get what you wanted for your collection.

Cheers, CP
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Yep, I'm sure there's a terrible danger of Australia and Tasmania being over run by Coryphanthas ! Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Icon_rolleyes

And by Mammilaria luethyi's... and Mamm herrerae....etc etc etc...

Ya gotta wonder !
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Navajoa wrote:
Yep, I'm sure there's a terrible danger of Australia and Tasmania being over run by Coryphanthas ! Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Icon_rolleyes

And by Mammilaria luethyi's... and Mamm herrerae....etc etc etc...

Ya gotta wonder !

The Triantiwontigongolope would be superceded by the dreaded Coryphantha! gotta stay vigilant, they could be lurking anywhere.

...and haven't you heard the nocturnal Epithelantha go bump in the night? Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Icon_lol

CP
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:49 pm

Quote :
...and haven't you heard the nocturnal Epithelantha go bump in the night?

Well, I can't claim to that, however there was a place out in Kinglake that used to have a sign saying "Beware the Agapanthus" in its front yard...
Back to top Go down
mutant
Calm and Collected
mutant

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Congrats, it's moving and motivating to see such a long term relationship. Interesting plant too...

So, it's true Coryphanthas are more vulnerable to spidermites, as I read huh? Those marks are mites, right?
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

PostSubject: Re: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Thanks mutant, I did have a bad run with spider mite last summer, but it mostly affected my Loibivias and the odd Echinocereus, only minor damage on this plant.

CP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last   Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last Empty

Back to top Go down

Cory maiz-tablasensis in bloom at last
Page 1 of 1