Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Can I repot at this time of the year? Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Can I repot at this time of the year? Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Can I repot at this time of the year? Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Can I repot at this time of the year? Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Can I repot at this time of the year? Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Can I repot at this time of the year? Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Can I repot at this time of the year? Empty

Can I repot at this time of the year?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Miranda

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Can I repot at this time of the year?   Can I repot at this time of the year? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Probably not a good time to ask questions so close to Christmas, but hopefully I'll get an answer from someone Can I repot at this time of the year? Icon_smile I have recently acquired some small cacti that have completely outgrown their pots to the extent that you can no longer see the soil. I was wondering if it's ok to repot them now or do I have to wait until a specific time of the year?

And while I'm here I would llike to wish a very merry Christmas and a happy and successful New Year to all Can I repot at this time of the year? Icon_cheers Can I repot at this time of the year? Icon_santa Can I repot at this time of the year? Icon_rendeer
Back to top Go down
MichaelCactus
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Can I repot at this time of the year?   Can I repot at this time of the year? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 1:03 pm

Im defineatly no expert but, i can't see why repotting them at this time would hurt them.
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Can I repot at this time of the year?   Can I repot at this time of the year? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 1:56 am

All I would do is wait for any plants that are currently flowering or in bud to finish blooming before repotting them. Anything that's seriously potbound probably could be repotted, but you may wish to consider knocking the flowers/buds off them them to avoid stressing the plant too much.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Can I repot at this time of the year?   Can I repot at this time of the year? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 8:38 pm

Summer is a good time of year to be re-potting cacti but be careful of over exposure to heat and sun whilst the plant is establishing itself in the new pot. After you transplant wait about a week before watering.
Back to top Go down
Miranda

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Can I repot at this time of the year?   Can I repot at this time of the year? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks very much for your help guys, I will go ahead and repot them Can I repot at this time of the year? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Can I repot at this time of the year?   Can I repot at this time of the year? EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:11 pm

I've just finished repotting a bunch of Rebutias, Gymnos, Mamm, Trichs and a slightly unwieldy Opuntia.

It feels good to be able to get out into the garden. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I repot at this time of the year?   Can I repot at this time of the year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can I repot at this time of the year?
Page 1 of 1