Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Aloe with stem rot Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Aloe with stem rot Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Aloe with stem rot Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Aloe with stem rot Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Aloe with stem rot Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Aloe with stem rot Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Aloe with stem rot Empty

Aloe with stem rot

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Miranda

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-06-15

Aloe with stem rot Empty
PostSubject: Aloe with stem rot   Aloe with stem rot EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 5:20 pm

I have a little aloe in a pot under cover, but we've had some cold, wet and windy days lately and I think the rain has blown onto the plant at some stage and I've just noticed that the stem has turned brown and soft and the plant has fallen over. I've taken it out of the pot and the roots are fine and quite dry, obviously the rain has got into the crown of the plant and it hasn't dried out.

So tell me is there anything I can do to save it or is it RIP aloe plant? It looks pretty terminal to me. Sad
Back to top Go down
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Aloe with stem rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloe with stem rot   Aloe with stem rot EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 11:56 am

HI Miranda ,try again placing them in diffferent spots to see which ones work the best ........mine thrive on neglect and seem to love shade but a bit of water now and then is good. When you get a nice healthy mature plant it will throw many pups so these can be seperated and moved around and given to friends etc... maybe bring yours indoors for a while, they seem to like bathrooms with a window.
Back to top Go down
Miranda

Aloe with stem rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloe with stem rot   Aloe with stem rot EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks for your comments blowng Smile . Unfortunately it didn't survive, RIP little aloe plant Crying or Very sad

I've bought another plant and hopefully this one will be more successful.
Back to top Go down
KanJe
watchman
KanJe

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Aloe with stem rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloe with stem rot   Aloe with stem rot EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 pm

If I lose a plant, I usually try and replace it with another of the same species... you know, to fill that emotional void.
Back to top Go down
https://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/KanJe_Garden/
KanJe
watchman
KanJe

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Aloe with stem rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloe with stem rot   Aloe with stem rot EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:52 pm

I sorry to hear about your Aloe Miranda, I hope you have better luck with your next one. Smile

Sorry bout the double post
Back to top Go down
https://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/KanJe_Garden/
Gracie
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-02

Aloe with stem rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloe with stem rot   Aloe with stem rot EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Miranda, i keep my aloes really dry starting late autumn and through winter. the cold here is pretty bad to aloe when they get wet feet. i almost lost a lovely aloe variagata, but more due to root rot. i popped it into the heat bed and it grew new roots. its shaped up nicely and has a new flower spike. i managed to grow one from seed from this same plant before the rot episode. some of the more delicate aloes are terminal if they get damp during the cold season here in Vic. and we get white frosts here. keep searching for great aloes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kilomuncher.com
Miranda

Aloe with stem rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloe with stem rot   Aloe with stem rot EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 1:16 pm

The new plant is happy and appears to be thriving. Thanks everyone for your advice and encouragement, it's much appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aloe with stem rot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aloe with stem rot   Aloe with stem rot Empty

Back to top Go down

Aloe with stem rot
Page 1 of 1