Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! Empty

Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!

Go down 
+3
Hellonasty
Vicki
retsuya
7 posters
AuthorMessage
retsuya

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! EmptySun Nov 30, 2008 9:40 pm

Hello fellow succulent lovers!

First of all: cheers

I love cacti and succulents!! In the past I have tried to cultivate some pot cacti but failed miserably. They all ended up wilted and mushy pale .

Recently, I'm gamed enough to give these plants another try and went to buy a notocactus, crassula and gasteria (looks fab as a trio). They are all in individual 10x10x10cm pots. I was wondering if anyone could give me some quick advice about giving these a good care? Thanks for reading. Hope I can learn a lot from you guys!

R
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Calm and Collected
Vicki

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 6:38 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'll leave it up to the experts here to give you advice as I am still a bit of a novice myself.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 7:30 pm

Hello and welcome.

You will find much of the information your after contained in this forum. Try browsing or searching the subforums for the information you require. Generally cacti will require slighly different growing/watering schedules then succulents.

The follwing are some links to help you gain an understanding of general cultivation.

http://www.botanical-
online.com/florcactusangles.htm

http://www.cactus-mall.com/ccc/index.html
Back to top Go down
retsuya

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-30

PostSubject: Hello!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! EmptyMon Dec 01, 2008 11:38 pm

Hey mates, thanks for the speedy reply! Will definitely have a look at those links and search for the relevant info!

Thanks for dropping by Smile
Back to top Go down
Roger The Dog

Roger The Dog

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 8:43 am

Welcome retsuya.
I'm fairly new here too. It's a good group with some very experienced people posting.
I'm guessing that if your previous cacti ended up mushy they may have been watered too much. Generally you want to give them a good soaking and then wait until completely dry before watering again.
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 pm

Hello retsuya, I'd like to say welcome to the forum too, hope you enjoy spending some time with us, ...and don't worry there not likely to be anyone here that hasn't ended up with a pot full of mush from time to time... Rolling Eyes

CP
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 1:28 pm

Welcome to ACF! Like CP mentioned, I am sure most of us (if not all) have ended up with the brown/orange mush. I know I have, usually can be out down to too much water and too high humity.

I posted in the succulent forum Shocked . I feel so dirty!!! *Gets the industrial soap and scrubbing brush*

Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://forum.auscactiforum.net
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 9:50 pm

Hi Retsuya Welcome to ACF plenty of people in here who can help you out when needed.

trigonus wrote:
I posted in the succulent forum Shocked . I feel so dirty!!! *Gets the industrial soap and scrubbing brush*
Hey Trig you will get over it lol! may take awhile but eventually you will tongue
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! EmptySun Dec 07, 2008 8:48 pm

trigonus wrote:

Laughing

That'll be fifty lashes with a wet, soggy noodle then!! Laughing

CP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!   Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello, I am new and eagered to learn from all the experts here!
Page 1 of 1