Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Is this Opuntia ficus-indica ?
If you like schicks... Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am

» New Forum Now Open!!
If you like schicks... Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:33 am

» Romanian Online Journal - Xerophilia
If you like schicks... Emptyby eduart Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 am

» Wanted: Pereskia Aculeata (Not Godseffiana)
If you like schicks... Emptyby EightySeven Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

» White spots on my cacti
If you like schicks... Emptyby cactgustim Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

» Problem with cacti
If you like schicks... Emptyby nzivanovic Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

If you like schicks...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

If you like schicks... Empty
PostSubject: If you like schicks...   If you like schicks... EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 8:41 am

This is one cool Tricho! (Echinopsis schickendantzii), that always does well in my climate. Here in my garden I have one quite large group consisting of two clusters of stems I got from two different sources, as well as a smaller clump (pic 3) which has much shorter stems, - I was once led to believe this was Tricho shaferi, which I think is the synonymous schickendantzii anyway.
As you will see from the following pics some stems in the larger group have brown buds while the rest have cream.

Here they are in September, when the buds first started to show.
If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereuss_schickendantzii_0908a If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_0908b If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_shaferi_0908

Again in recent weeks as the buds developed... closer to opening stage...
If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108b If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108c If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108d If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108a

Yesterday morning as they began to open, It had been a wild wet and windy night here, but they were ready to greet the day!
If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108f If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108e

Again yesterday afternoon, with a bit of sunshine, and still plenty of wind...
If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108h If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108g

This morning, the wind is gone and the promise of a nice day, still a tad dark when I took these pics, sorry but I just couldn't wait... Very Happy
If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108l If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108k
If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108j If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108i

The scent is divine.

I sort of expected that these might all open at once which would have made for a pretty spectacular show, but if they continue to open a few at a time, it'll mean I'll get to enjoy them over a longer period Very Happy

The specimen with the brown buds is probably another day from opening, as you can see in the foreground of the last pic.

Enjoy, CP.
Back to top Go down
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: If you like schicks...   If you like schicks... EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 11:10 am

Nice specimens!
Back to top Go down
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: If you like schicks...   If you like schicks... EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 2:34 pm

very fat plants. Smile
Back to top Go down
KanJe
watchman
KanJe

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: If you like schicks...   If you like schicks... EmptySun Nov 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Looking very spectacular CactusPolecat. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/KanJe_Garden/
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: If you like schicks...   If you like schicks... EmptyTue Nov 11, 2008 7:48 am

Thanks for the kind words friends,
Just so your appetite for beauty doesn't wane too much, here's the next few pics, including the one with the brown buds (pic #1)... and both of the larger clumps (pic #2)
If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108m If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108p
And the other smaller clump...
If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108n If you like schicks... Th_Trichocereus_schickendantzii_1108o

Cheers, CP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you like schicks...   If you like schicks... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you like schicks...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: South American Cacti-
Jump to: