Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 Empty

My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh

Go down 
+6
MichaelCactus
trigonus
Kada
Plantsoma
lewis
Hellonasty
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 8:55 pm

well, i might be a couple of months late with the responding but i just read through this and it has piqued my interest.

did it turn out to be crested HN Question
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 14, 2009 11:50 am

Sadly.......no it didn't. I will post a pic of it soon. I only just got it back, a heap of my plants have been in dodgy storage for the past 2 months or so and they weren't getting enough light or water Sad most appear to have come good with a little tlc.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 2:39 pm

Here ya go lewis,

My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 3358169371_cbd49dd5bd_b

My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 3358168571_ef7360cd7b_b
Back to top Go down
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 5:02 pm

Shocked um.. well that looks kinda strange.

not that there's anything physically wrong with it (other than the healed split), in fact it looks quite healthy, you could, for aesthetic purposes, re-graft one of 'em nice looking pups and get an erm better looking specimen. although i have no experience with this plant, i was thinking, perhaps it may be wise to choose a slower-growing rootstock for this species that is less likely to split the scion, that or try grow the graft harder with less water and fertiliser. Smile will a pup root?
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 6:35 pm

Yeah I think I will graft a pup. It's growing pretty well considering it as in storage at a mates place. I was giving him cultivation instructions over the phone Smile Only problem was they were on a poorly lit balcony.

I'm pretty sure I have sorted the splitting out. You've just got to slowly work them in to the growing season. Little bit of water early spring and then sowly increase.

Not sure if a pup will root. They are very weak performers on own roots.
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but that looks rather crested to me. It certainly has an unusual appeal to it...
Back to top Go down
KanJe
watchman
KanJe

Number of posts : 393
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 12:01 am

Hellonasty: That's so cool!
I don't think you should touch it, looks great as it is.
You should just leave it and see what happens.

I'm even more jealous now.... It's so awesome... Laughing

Lachy: I can see what you mean but I don't think it is.
Like you said, I think the angle makes it look like there is a crest.
Back to top Go down
https://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv99/KanJe_Garden/
Vicki
Calm and Collected
Vicki

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 1:11 pm

Hellonasty, that's awesome for sumptin that split, quite appealing.

It looks like that old scifi film 'The Blob', lol.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2009 8:26 pm

Well I have grafted the smallest pup to a Tricho Spachianus. In regards to the crest. It was looking very much like doing so but suddenly the growing tip reformed and appears to be growing normally. A crest is still very possible, just above the growing tip in the picture there is a small section that is growing, this is very unusual and who knows what will happen.

Here is another pic for those interested:

My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 3364394229_9a775386fa_b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh   My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

My Cintia knizei Split !!!!! arrrrrgh
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2