HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Is this Opuntia ficus-indica ?
Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am

» New Forum Now Open!!
Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:33 am

» Romanian Online Journal - Xerophilia
Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? Emptyby eduart Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 am

» Wanted: Pereskia Aculeata (Not Godseffiana)
Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? Emptyby EightySeven Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

» White spots on my cacti
Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? Emptyby cactgustim Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

» Problem with cacti
Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? Emptyby nzivanovic Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aus rpned

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-07-28

Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?   Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 1:25 pm

Wondering whether Pereskiopsis leaves can be used, with or without IBA etc, for vegetative propagation.
Back to top Go down
SneakyCuttlefish
SneakyCuttlefish

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?   Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 6:28 am

I haven't personally but I have read several times now that it is possible.

Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2014-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?   Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? EmptyMon Aug 17, 2015 8:16 am

Tried a few times myself unsuccessfully, if they were kept humid I imagine there would be a better success rate (probably where I went wrong).
Have had reasonable success with very small (1-2cm) tip cuttings.
Back to top Go down
aus rpned

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?   Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:06 pm

Hi.
Last time I was on the net I found a link to Teos_small_book_of_grafting_ca.pdf, http://dc581.2shared.com/download/0FSf4NL9/Teos_small_book_of_grafting_ca.pdf?tsid=20150816-111931-603dcc71.

In it the author mentions cutting off a small stem section with attached leaf. Not quite what I had in mind but close to it.

The download is well worth getting. There are a couple of Photos of his technique in the file.

When you tried did you use an hormone? If so which hormone did you try? I have found some data on where IBA at 10gms/liter, was used to speed up rooting for Hylocereus species.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
aus rpned

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?   Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 2:09 pm

SneakyCuttlefish wrote:
I haven't personally but I have read several times now that it is possible.

Thanks, will definitely try it once I get some leaves.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
aus rpned

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?   Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 4:06 pm

Have had a further look around. Found one page on the Corroboree forum were there was a post saying " I have had leaves root" and posts two photos of leaves with roots.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

Cheers
Back to top Go down
aus rpned

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?   Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 3:28 pm

Re: http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1
Hi

Should have mentioned you need to put
Leaves propagation
into the search bar if you want to see the photos.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?   Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone tried to strike Pereskiopsis leaves?
Page 1 of 1