Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
botanical-archive 20% off sale Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
botanical-archive 20% off sale Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
botanical-archive 20% off sale Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
botanical-archive 20% off sale Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
botanical-archive 20% off sale Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
botanical-archive 20% off sale Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
botanical-archive 20% off sale Empty

botanical-archive 20% off sale

Go down 
+2
parrotsheaven
hornet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hornet

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:22 am

just thought i'd let you all know that botanical-archive have 20% off at the moment, ends in 10 hrs time.

http://myworld.ebay.com/botanical-archive/
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 10:57 am

Yeah I looked at that, they do it quite regularly now but usually only 5% Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:29 pm

Makes me wish i had paid ebay that 3 cents i owe them. Ebay is gettin bad now i heard, gonna be all paypal soon, no bank deposits, money orders or cheques.

Looks like ill have to find other sources for them crazy astro cultivars.
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 12:49 pm

Its still at the ACCC commission so here's hoping they knock them back on the paypal only bit. Highway robbery to take ebay and paypal fees from sellers Evil or Very Mad

So are you joking about the 3 cents or did they close your account of it ?
Back to top Go down
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:50 pm

Shocked i just noticed they have Mammillaria luethyi seeds, the first time i have ever seen seeds of this available anywhere, 5 for $10.

does anyone actually have a Mammillaria luethyi?? i have never even seen one in real life. (i really really really want to though) if it is in australia im guessing it is extremely rare and expensive. this is without doubt the best mammillaria i have ever seen, both in terms of its flowers and its amazing spination.

I am tempted to get some seeds.. but its not even on the AQIS ICON 'permitted species' list. probably because it is a recent discovery and is also listed on CITES appen 2. could probably get some through anyway, i have imported 9 individual seed packages from italy and not one has been looked at. thus far i play it safe and only import permitted species though. hmm worth a shot?

Last edited by lewis on Thu May 22, 2008 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slim6y
Calm and Collected
slim6y

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:03 pm

There's loads of photos of it http://images.google.com.au/images?q=Mammillaria%20luethyi&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

It does look spectacular!

Also cactus-seeds.com sell them, but more pricey:

They're seed No. 3344 - 10 seeds for $17.50

Mammillaria
luethyi
$17.50
Back to top Go down
lewis

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Can't help but be impressed: Very Happy

http://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/MAMMILLARIA/Mammillaria_luethyi/Mammillaria_luethyi/Mammillaria_luethyi.htm

art.biz/schede/MAMMILLARIA/Mammillaria_luethyi/Mammillaria_luethyi/Mammillaria_luethyi_fl_810.jpg

http://www.cactusedintorni.com/Galery3/Marchand/Mammillaria_luethyi_0.jpg

absolutely breathtaking.

own roots ones:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f3/Mammillaria_luethyi_Flower.jpg/760px-Mammillaria_luethyi_Flower.jpg

OMG a crested luethyi:

http://www.cactus-art.biz/schede/MAMMILLARIA/Mammillaria_luethyi/Mammillaria_luethyi_cristata/Mammillaria_luethyi_cristata.htm

wow someones got a few:

http://www.koehres-kaktus.de/galerie/kakteen/k_l_m_img/Mammillaria%20luethyi%2004.jpg.jpg

hmm these, or some Astrophytum caput-medusae seeds? DEFINATELY BOTH!! Very Happy

Last edited by lewis on Thu May 22, 2008 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:22 pm

So Lewis what are you buying from B.A. or do you have too many now in your propogator Wink

I am looking through now to see if I NEED anything Laughing
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:29 pm

lewis don't hijack this thread please. If you want to start a thread about Mammillaria luethyi I am happy for you to do that, but preferrably in the relevant forum.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.auscactiforum.net
hornet

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:35 pm

parrotsheaven wrote:
So Lewis what are you buying from B.A. or do you have too many now in your propogator Wink

I am looking through now to see if I NEED anything Laughing

i just ordered some seed, no idea what it was, i think a stapelid and some astro's lol
Back to top Go down
lewis

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 5:41 pm

parrotsheaven wrote:
basically my propagator is filled with asterias cultivars. Laughing and some arios which go sooo slow i am going to try graftng some onto pereskiopsis. at the moment i am waiting on some field collected habitat seeds of a. asterias that i won from B-A... as if i don't already have enough!! i am thinking of getting some M.luethyi seeds, but a bit pricey and i will be very angry if 5 tiny (and expensive!) specks get confiscated by aqis!! i am also going to get 5 astrophytum caputmedusae seeds from a friend soon.
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 6:39 pm

Are you on the same list as me for the caput-medusae seeds ? Wink

BTW ask for a name change or have you forgotten what I told you. Field collected seeds from memory from B.A........... the germination wasn't as good as others. I do wonder if he is discounting to clear out his seeds before he gets fresh stuff in...........just a thought.
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale EmptyThu May 22, 2008 6:54 pm

Quote :
So are you joking about the 3 cents or did they close your account of it ?

Suspended the account until payment is made, which i wont be doing. I dont see the point, items cost too much to list especially if it sells for under 20 dollars it isnt really worth it imo. There are some wicked seeds on there though but really i should concentrate on the tricho seeds i have....... a crest will pop up sooner or later Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: botanical-archive 20% off sale   botanical-archive 20% off sale Empty

Back to top Go down

botanical-archive 20% off sale
Page 1 of 1