Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Is this Opuntia ficus-indica ?
Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am

» New Forum Now Open!!
Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:33 am

» Romanian Online Journal - Xerophilia
Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie Emptyby eduart Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 am

» Wanted: Pereskia Aculeata (Not Godseffiana)
Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie Emptyby EightySeven Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

» White spots on my cacti
Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie Emptyby cactgustim Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

» Problem with cacti
Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie Emptyby nzivanovic Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rickyscactus

rickyscactus

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2013-08-22

Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie Empty
PostSubject: Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie   Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:25 pm

I had seen this movie advertised on the net and decided to buy it.

Just to view the movie, not to use or follow any actions depicted in this movie!!! Wink 

I watched it last night, hmmmmm! Yes it is rated R18 for a reason.

I found it interesting and how sacred the San Pedro is in some countries.

I must have got a bad copy as the top half of the screen seemed to jump and blur a bit!!! Smile

The main reason for wanting to view this movie is for the MAD cactus collector inside me, anything cactus interests me and the FAT SAN PEDRO on the cover in Micheal Cera's hand's!!  lol!

Let you be the judge of it.

Honestly i give it a 6 out of 10.
Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie Images11
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie   Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 10:45 pm

Sadly the more people associate Cacti with this sort of stuff, the harder it will be for any of us hobbyists to enjoy growing our plants for just what they are, interesting plants!

The powers that be are already working on outlawing hundreds of species due to the miniscule amounts of mescaline or similar within them - http://forum.auscactiforum.net/t1231-consultation-on-implementation-of-model-drug-schedules-for-commonwealth-serious-drug-offences
Back to top Go down
SneakyCuttlefish
SneakyCuttlefish

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie   Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:46 am

Lol I have been looking for a copy of this. Looks like a laugh.

If you really interested in cactus stuff here's a fantastic documentary that I have been keeping a very close eye on. I contacted the people who are running the official YouTube channel and they said its almost ready for release. I think it was delayed as they where waiting for a recently concluded court action lodge by the Huichole peoples to ban the incursion of mining company on the Wirikuta region. (sacred peyote gathering sites) Thankfully the court ruled in favor of the Huicholes.

http://forum.auscactiforum.net/t1654-huichole-documentary
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie   Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Navajoa wrote:
Sadly the more people associate Cacti with this sort of stuff, the harder it will be for any of us hobbyists to enjoy growing our plants for just what they are, interesting plants!

the guys that are into this are making it hard for themselves. not collectors. they deserve regulations prohibiting the use/missuse of the plant. they are careless. unsimpathetic and most use the plant in a manner far from cultural, spiritual or responcible realm. those twits selling by the ft on ebay ect.
just working on making it harder for themselves.
funny how some fail to see "exploitation" as significant. tools.
Back to top Go down
Myco

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie   Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 10:06 pm

that is far from true wert

i have experienced this first hand I am simply a collector
nothing more nothing less i appreciate the beauty of my cacti and love growing them
i would never chop one up for a quick trip

yet I was treated like i was cooking meth by the police and they took all of my lophs away

it was a heartbreaking day
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie   Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 11:10 pm

No more discussion on this please it can only head in one direction. TOPIC LOCKED.

My Cacti Blog, please come visit me.

http://astrophytum-and-friends.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie   Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie Empty

Back to top Go down

Crystal fairy & the magical cactus Movie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: Around The Fire-
Jump to: