Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Hello from New Zealand! Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Hello from New Zealand! Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Hello from New Zealand! Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Hello from New Zealand! Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Hello from New Zealand! Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Hello from New Zealand! Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Hello from New Zealand! Empty

Hello from New Zealand!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
stephanieb

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-02-22

PostSubject: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 2:28 pm

I thought it was about time I joined a cacti/succulent forum!

I'm from a small town in New Zealand with a very limited supply of anything prickly or succulent, so most of my cacti come from online, although it seems like our range of plants in the country is so much smaller than everywhere else so I'm probably going to get super jealous of everyone posting amazing pictures here!

Only a couple of years ago I said that succulents were gross...and then I discovered Lithops. Now I am trying to build up my own collection, I have 5 lots of seedlings growing at the moment, and 5 mature plants. Will be getting more seeds as soon as I can find them! I have some Trichocereus pachanoi seedlings growing now too, and some echinocactus grusonii on the way. I can't believe how teeny tiny and cute cacti can be! I've spent the last 6-7 months researching and trying to locate plants that I want. I never ever knew these "gross" plants could be so cool! My collection is a lot bigger than I thought it would be in such a short time but I can't help myself! And now I've started collecting carnivorous plants it's all over! Hence I'm here.

Looking forward to learning more!
Back to top Go down
SneakyCuttlefish
SneakyCuttlefish

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 3:06 pm

Welcome! T'is certainly an addictive venture. The best way to build up a big collection with loads of variety is via seeds so it sounds like you have started in the right place. Just have to sit back and wait now.
Back to top Go down
Cereoid

Cereoid

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2013-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 8:52 pm

Welcome to the forum! Just don't grow your carnivores and cacti in the same pot! You could ask around at societies if anyone knows where you could get the plants you want. Happy growing!
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:15 pm

Welcome  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from New Zealand!   Hello from New Zealand! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from New Zealand!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: New Member Introductions-
Jump to: