Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
New Member - Attaching a Photo Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
New Member - Attaching a Photo Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
New Member - Attaching a Photo Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
New Member - Attaching a Photo Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
New Member - Attaching a Photo Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
New Member - Attaching a Photo Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
New Member - Attaching a Photo Empty

New Member - Attaching a Photo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WROC

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-02-05

PostSubject: New Member - Attaching a Photo   New Member - Attaching a Photo EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 8:46 pm

I'm just getting started. I'm trying to attach a photo to my topic. I've chosen the photo and the jpg file appears next to "choose file" but next to "Send" it states Max size per file : 0 Mb so it won't allow me to send it.
What dumb thing am I doing wrong.
Back to top Go down
supergirl

supergirl

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2012-11-07

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Attaching a Photo   New Member - Attaching a Photo EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 11:37 pm

Patience is the key.

Last edited by supergirl on Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not relevant tp topic)
Back to top Go down
SneakyCuttlefish
SneakyCuttlefish

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2012-12-11

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Attaching a Photo   New Member - Attaching a Photo EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 1:00 pm

The easiest way to display a picture is to host the image. On the tool bar just above where you type your message there is 2 buttons about midway along the bar. One is 'host an image' the other is 'insert an image'.

Now before you use these buttons its important to know that you can only host an image with a max size of 800x800. So if you want to load a picture straight from your camera to the site it won't work as the camera image is HUGE!! You will need to re-size it first.

Once you have your file resized and ready to go, click the "host image" button. A little pop up box will appear. Click "choose file" then select the file you want to upload. Click the little "host it" button. You will have to wait a few seconds for the image to be uploaded. Then the box will change to a number of text boxes with HTML code in them. Copy the bottom one. (pressing the copy button doesn't always work so its better to hit CTRL C)

Next click the insert image button and paste the code you copied into the URL box. Then hit insert. The code will appear in your topic. Where ever you put the code will determine where the picture appears int the message.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Attaching a Photo   New Member - Attaching a Photo EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:05 am

WROC,

Good advice above from sneaky. However, at present the forum has no storage space left for images, you will need to host them at an offsite source such as flickr and link them to your posts.

Sorry about this
HN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member - Attaching a Photo   New Member - Attaching a Photo Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member - Attaching a Photo
Page 1 of 1