Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
"Your" Username Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
"Your" Username Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
"Your" Username Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
"Your" Username Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
"Your" Username Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
"Your" Username Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
"Your" Username Empty

"Your" Username

Go down 
+9
numan
jk
SnowFella
SneakyCuttlefish
AmnesiA
IXOXI
cryptocarpa
supergirl
Rum And Monkeys
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Rum And Monkeys

Rum And Monkeys

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-01-15

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:47 am

Hello to you all,
I was reading through some posts from the people here and I couldn't help myself but wonder how some of us came up with our names for the forum.. Mine is just a pure love for monkeys and rum (separately of course Very Happy )
A few stand out to me, like Hellonasty and SneakyCuttlefish.. Haha, I just couldn't help myself but to ask. Sorry if I'm intruding.
Thank you and goodbye for now.
Back to top Go down
supergirl

supergirl

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2012-11-07

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Hiya, got mine 'cause that's what I kept calling my daughter.
Like your tag. Sounds like it should be a Pogues song. What's with the Bob Hope quote?
Back to top Go down
cryptocarpa
Calm and Collected
cryptocarpa

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2009-03-14

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 8:05 am

Mine means hidden fruit, I chose it because my nursery, the fruit of seven years labour, isn't open to the public so most of the beauty I have created remains hidden. Plus I think it sounds cool. The small c is cause I'm not important enough for a capital letter.
I have always wondered about Hellonasty too and IXOXI, what is that a Roman numeral or kisses and a hug with something either side?
Sneakycuttlefish is my favourite name of them all, it's groovy! More speed to you sneaky amorphous being.
Back to top Go down
IXOXI
Cereus about Cacti
IXOXI

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2011-12-08

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 9:56 am

IXOXI is a puzzle. At a first glance it makes no sense.
Looking further you will see that it is the same front to back, back to front, or even flipped uʍop ǝpısdn. There's even more to it then that, let's see if anyone can solve it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cacticube.com
Rum And Monkeys

Rum And Monkeys

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2013-01-15

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:59 am

That's awesome crypto. What kind of fruit do you have growing/hidden? Smile

IXOXI, you have me very intrigued now. We should start a thread named "Solving the IXOXI Puzzle" haha.

It would seem I am the only one who hasn't put much thought into their name Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
AmnesiA

AmnesiA

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-12-03

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:15 pm

Maaaaate I have top secret photo's of Cryptos fruitful hard work!! I've heard rumors you cant even go in there without being decontaminated in his hazmat bathing area, then after that you really need to consider your safety as once people see the awesomeness you cant leave, he grinds you up and turns you into cacti fertz........true story, heard it from a friend of a friend of mine.

On a less important note I've had my Alias since the days of the long long ago when 14k modems were the rage and internet only existed in BBS boards, dialing into your mates game of duke and beating on family members who picked up the phone. It does ring some truth cos I forget shit all the time.

-A
Back to top Go down
SneakyCuttlefish
SneakyCuttlefish

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2012-12-11

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 12:21 am

To be honest mine is an old one from back in high school. It's easy to remember and kinda catchy so I just stuck with it. Plus cuttlefish tastes great. Smile
Back to top Go down
SnowFella
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 218
Registration date : 2010-12-15

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Mine dates back to the days if mIRC and dalnet nearly 15 years ago, used to go by another nick untill a woman I ended up marrying slapped this one on me.
Pretty self explanatory. Snow since I come from a place with lots of just that and fella since I'm male. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
jk

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2012-11-12

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:32 pm

I should have got more inventive. ohwell!
Back to top Go down
supergirl

supergirl

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 10:17 pm

Hiya IXOXI, you're not a 911 conspirator are you?
Back to top Go down
IXOXI
Cereus about Cacti
IXOXI

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2011-12-08

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:10 am

Funny you should mention it. I am not, BUT I really was in New York when it happened.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cacticube.com
numan

numan

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-12-13

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:39 pm

Rum And Monkeys wrote:
Mine is just a pure love for monkeys and rum (separately of course Very Happy )

I used to be and still is a fan of the British Gary Numan artist (electro pioneer of the late 70th) so my nick name came from him.

PS I have a special monkey picture to your collection! ))

"Your" Username E912c0411fc9
Back to top Go down
Snah

Snah

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-06-21

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 12:11 am

My doughters best friend had the idea calling me by my
name in reverse scratch .
She did it for years and years....that´s it.
Back to top Go down
midlife crisis

midlife crisis

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2011-04-05

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:33 pm

There come a time in your life when you start to accept you are no longer 21 and then you cant remember when you were 21 or 31 and 41 is a long time ago. And then you hit affraid and you try and collect as many cacti as you can before you reach affraid affraid

Laughing

Cheers
Midlife
Back to top Go down
cryptocarpa
Calm and Collected
cryptocarpa

Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2009-03-14

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:37 am

I'm hearing you Midlife, I turn affraid in a couple of weeks!
To respond your question R+M (i know it took a while)I have a wide range of rare cacti and cultivars, I also do lots of mesembs and the more select aloe, haworthia, gasteria as well as pachycauls, caudiciforms and a range of other weird and rare succulent plants. I've grown so many plants that it takes all my time to maintain them (especially in the warmer months)and I haven't even got round to making a list. If anyone is after anything specific you can pm me a list and I will try to get some plants out to you. Warning, it can take a while, the guy in charge of my customer service department prefers to spend his time grafting astro cultivars. If you ask me it's the isopropyl alcohol fumes he really likes!

Re: AmnesiA's comments, nonsense, don't believe a word of it!
About the well known Melbourne collectors who have disappeared in mysterious circumstances, last seen headed to towards Mornington Peninsular......I have 'No comment'.....though I do believe one or two of them have resurfaced, dazed and confused,with empty pockets and trays of strange alien looking vegetable matter.

Like all cryptocarps it is not my intention to hide the fruits indefinitely. Just long enough to keep the seeds safe from marauding predators while they ripen. When conditions are optimal then dispersal becomes the priority.
With that in mind I am hoping to start opening 'by appointment only' that is once I have finished lining the pitfall traps with bamboo stakes and upgraded to a three phase fertiliser grinder. affraid
Back to top Go down
supergirl

supergirl

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Thanks for posting the beautiful picture Numan. Too adorable.
Back to top Go down
Walker87
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2014-03-01

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:16 am

My username comes from Johnnie Walker (the scotch) as I was very partial to tipple or two or three going back a few years. Johnnie was always my favourite scotch and one evening whilst enjoying a beverage I was signing up for an account somewhere, couldn't think of a user name and then happened to glance at the bottle of my old friend and presto! Walker was born, it's basically stuck ever since!
Back to top Go down
Ali67

Ali67

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-03-02

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Walker87 wrote:
My username comes from Johnnie Walker (the scotch) as I was very partial to tipple or two or three going back a few years. Johnnie was always my favourite scotch and one evening whilst enjoying a beverage I was signing up for an account somewhere, couldn't think of a user name and then happened to glance at the bottle of my old friend and presto! Walker was born, it's basically stuck ever since!

Here was me, thinking, another fan of "The Walking Dead" lol
Back to top Go down
Walker87
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2014-03-01

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Lol.. I am a fan of the walking dead but the username pre dates the TV series by a fair few years!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Your" Username Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Your" Username   "Your" Username Empty

Back to top Go down

"Your" Username
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: Around The Fire-
Jump to: