Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Is this Opuntia ficus-indica ?
Day/Night Temperatures and germination? Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am

» New Forum Now Open!!
Day/Night Temperatures and germination? Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:33 am

» Romanian Online Journal - Xerophilia
Day/Night Temperatures and germination? Emptyby eduart Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 am

» Wanted: Pereskia Aculeata (Not Godseffiana)
Day/Night Temperatures and germination? Emptyby EightySeven Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

» White spots on my cacti
Day/Night Temperatures and germination? Emptyby cactgustim Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

» Problem with cacti
Day/Night Temperatures and germination? Emptyby nzivanovic Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

Day/Night Temperatures and germination?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TasV

TasV

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Day/Night Temperatures and germination? Empty
PostSubject: Day/Night Temperatures and germination?   Day/Night Temperatures and germination? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 7:44 pm

I've got LOADS of seed I want to germinate... LOADS LOL... and I was up in my little greenhouse today and it was HOT.. getting up towards 27-30 degrees (must take the thermometre up to find out exactly how hot it is) at midday. How successful do you think germination would be with day temps getting up around this high and night temps falling below zero? I've got seed germinating inside the house at the moment on a small heat pad I have, but if I could do it up in the greenhouse I could do them all at once. I haven't built my hot box yet...
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Day/Night Temperatures and germination? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Day/Night Temperatures and germination?   Day/Night Temperatures and germination? EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 11:17 pm

Sorry to say, but if the night temps are hitting zero, you'll lose the lot...You'd probably get away with a drop into the high teens at night (and it's often recommended), but I don't think any seedling will take much in the single digits....
Back to top Go down

Day/Night Temperatures and germination?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Australian Cacti Forum :: - :: Propagation: Seeds & Vegetative-
Jump to: