HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Is this Opuntia ficus-indica ?
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am

» New Forum Now Open!!
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Emptyby Eck Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:33 am

» Romanian Online Journal - Xerophilia
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Emptyby eduart Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:37 am

» Wanted: Pereskia Aculeata (Not Godseffiana)
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Emptyby EightySeven Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

» White spots on my cacti
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Emptyby cactgustim Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 pm

» Problem with cacti
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Emptyby nzivanovic Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:58 pm

rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

Number of posts : 352
Registration date : 2009-09-07

rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Empty
PostSubject: rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower   rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 5:42 pm

a whole bunch of flowers on this one today... i bought it on ebay early last week
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Th_RIMG0689
Back to top Go down
CactusPolecat
Calm and Collected
CactusPolecat

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: Re: rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower   rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:23 pm

Such beautiful brilliant red flowers on this one... these little fellows sure know how to impress.

CP
Back to top Go down
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

PostSubject: Re: rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower   rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:31 pm

even my wife was impressed and she hates my cacti.. i am liking the rebutia species. i have another three on order being delivered this week.

regards
Darren
Back to top Go down
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower   rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Darren wrote:
...and she hates my cacti..
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_eek
She'll turn... rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_twisted rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_twisted rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_twisted
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_lol .

-hate is such a strong word. She just doesn't understand your obsession.
Back to top Go down
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

PostSubject: Re: rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower   rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:52 pm

i think she may have to turn... there is no stopping me when i get a hobby going. you should see my shed... it is full of yabbies in a breeding system that i put together 2 years ago. if i even mention the word yabbie she goes nuts rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Darren
Calm and Collected
Darren

PostSubject: Re: rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower   rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 pm

i am trying to make my own cultivar in the yabbie world in my other interest...which leads me to another question. has anyone tried cacti in an aquaponics system. it would be easy to flood and dry out, and would have a great source of food for the plants. i am in the process of building a propagator for my grafting stock and grafts and was thinking of setting it up as aquaponics to increase humidity food & regular watering. what do you guys think? my only concern is algea. i reckon pereskiopsis leaves would be a great source of food for yabbies also.
Back to top Go down
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower   rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Quote :
i am trying to make my own cultivar in the yabbie world in my other interest
rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_eek rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_eek rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_eek
A CULTIVAR of yabby? LOL!
Sounds like your new cacti obsession is overriding the yabbies. rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_rolleyes
The term 'cultivar'
comes from cultivated
Variety.
It pertains to varieties of horticultural plants selected for certain characteristics and given particular names.
(p.s. I'm just messin with ya matey i know you mean breed hehe rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_wink I really ain't pedantic.).

Seriously though, I reckon Pereskiopsis (and stuff grafted to it) would go nuts in an aquaponics or similar hydroponics systems. It have brought this subject up a couple of times in the past but have made no *serious* attempt at it as yet.
BTW slightly on topic root Pereskiopsis in water, it roots faster than in soil. rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Icon_wink
why on topic? because I have a pereskiopsis growing in water atm.
why? No i wasn't intending to grow it hydroponically I just placed a piece in a clear plastic cup half filled with water to root it by the forementioned method.... then couldn't be bothered to pot it up. actually it appears quite healthy.. roots are spiralling around and around the bottom of the cup. I put some miracle gro in there to help it along. so there you go simple hydro pereski. maybe i should graft something to the top...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower   rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower Empty

Back to top Go down

rebutia fiebrigii cajacensis in flower
Page 1 of 1