Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Suppliers thread Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Suppliers thread Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Suppliers thread Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Suppliers thread Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Suppliers thread Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Suppliers thread Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Suppliers thread Empty

Suppliers thread

Go down 
+15
tooheyzzwin
Hellonasty
IXOXI
cactuscook
blowng
Navajoa
intense_cutn
parrotsheaven
MichaelCactus
Vicki
PD
watertrade
lewis
San Rainbow
trigonus
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 2:43 pm

Cactusland Direct

I haven't purchase anything from these guys yet, but am sure to do so in the future. I am always buying some sort of cacti from somewhere Rolling Eyes

Anyway, thought I might give them a bit of a plug and see if anybody had dealt wiith them before? Looks liek they might have some nice plants.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.auscactiforum.net
San Rainbow
Calm and Collected
San Rainbow

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 7:35 pm

trigonus wrote:
Cactusland Direct

I haven't purchase anything from these guys yet, but am sure to do so in the future. I am always buying some sort of cacti from somewhere Rolling Eyes

Anyway, thought I might give them a bit of a plug and see if anybody had dealt wiith them before? Looks liek they might have some nice plants.

yes I have, I bought a few beautiful rear cacti over the past couple of months from the market stall he runs on the weekend.
Andrew is a very knowledgeable and helpful guy and is very pleasant to do business with. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 8:45 pm

Thanks for that San. I will definitely consider making an order soon.
Back to top Go down
http://forum.auscactiforum.net
lewis
avid contributor & moderator

Number of posts : 862
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyThu May 08, 2008 6:19 pm

San Rainbow wrote:

Andrew is a very knowledgeable and helpful guy and is very pleasant to do business with. Very Happy
ah, my friend from the market. Indeed, great guy and recommended. the amount of plants i've got from his stall.. half my collection maybe? Laughing
Back to top Go down
watertrade
Calm and Collected
watertrade

Number of posts : 260
Registration date : 2008-05-16

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptySun May 25, 2008 11:36 am

http://capitalcactus.com.au/default.htm

an ACT based backyard nursery.

All his plants have been really healthy. certainly worth a look. Smile
last year he had $4 Lophophora - big ones too.
His A myriostigma nuda x A. myriostigma strongylogonum is really nice too. Smile
Back to top Go down
PD
Calm and Collected
PD

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptySun May 25, 2008 12:13 pm

Agreed watertrade, a top seller with top quality plants. Yes those lophophora were huge for the price.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Calm and Collected
Vicki

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 am

Here's a couple of websites that I have bought plants from and so far they are all doing ok.
Paul Forster:
http://www.cssnsw.org.au/
T. Tierney email for price list at succulents_now@yahoo.com.au
Back to top Go down
MichaelCactus
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 8:28 am

Watertrade, in thr Capital Cacti & Succulents order list, i looked at 2 Astrophytum pictures, are they the size of the plant i would be recieveing, or just a look at what the plants will look like?
Back to top Go down
watertrade
Calm and Collected
watertrade

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:25 am

MichaelCactus wrote:
Watertrade, in thr Capital Cacti & Succulents order list, i looked at 2 Astrophytum pictures, are they the size of the plant i would be recieveing, or just a look at what the plants will look like?

unfortunately they are just a quide. Thats not to say the plants are no good! I have made a few of orders with him before and I've always been happy - a couple of the plants have been on the small size but they are healthy. Smile I do remember them being a little dehydrated but this was probably just the time of year.
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Calm and Collected
Vicki

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 7:05 pm

Thanks watertrade. Now I have even more Astro's heading my way, he had sold out of the lophophora pale
Back to top Go down
MichaelCactus
Calm and Collected

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 8:55 pm

Thats a bummer WT, but still, good plants:)

Hahaha ill race you Vicki! If you want Astro's check out Leyster Meyers catalogue, has some good stuff.
Back to top Go down
watertrade
Calm and Collected
watertrade

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 10:16 am

vicky you won't be disapointed! - if you are into Astro's - like Michael said - have a look at Lesters plant list . Smile
Back to top Go down
Vicki
Calm and Collected
Vicki

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:15 pm

Yup I have Lester's list, tried phoning him a few times but his voice mail was full. Might just send money order and hope for the best, thanks.
Back to top Go down
parrotsheaven
Calm and Collected
parrotsheaven

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptySun Oct 19, 2008 11:42 am

Another one is RORAIMA NURSERY just out of Geelong, Vic an absolutely awesome place if you ever get the chance to visit

Here's one of many photos I took last weekend
Suppliers thread Roraim10
Back to top Go down
intense_cutn

intense_cutn

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 pm

I have Lester Meyers' catalogue, but i don't understand how to place an order.

Why don't these people just have a normal website with a check-out?
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 6:13 pm

Lester's probably a bit old skool, and a website is probably a bit expensive and would require too much constant updating. He can't be a young guy as he's been around for ages. I remember ordering from him in the 80's !!! I haven't ordered from him recently, but he used to have top notch plants...
Back to top Go down
blowng
Calm and Collected
blowng

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:15 am

id highly recommend the ol mate...80s prices, i think theres a few ebay sellers that buy off him then add an extra 10 dollars and sell them as their own ,bloody criminals
Back to top Go down
intense_cutn

intense_cutn

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:38 pm

Yeah i would love to buy off the guy if he had some sort of info on his price list on how to actually order. lol. I've had his price lists for about two years and have never brought anything because i don't know how.
Back to top Go down
cactuscook
cactuscook

Number of posts : 737
Registration date : 2010-04-29

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:45 pm

When i buy from lester i highlight the plants i want with subs send him money order for plants and postage and leave it up to his discreation. Lester is always very helpful. Terry tierny now he has an awsome collection of succulents ive been to his house but never bought anything mail order from him yet maybe this year if it is a caudicform he probably has it. So for cacti its lester for caudex its terry and haworthia and agves paul forster.
Back to top Go down
IXOXI
Cereus about Cacti
IXOXI

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2011-12-08

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. Does anyone have an updated set of the suppliers? I have not been able to locate a couple of the ones listed, and I am sure some new ones have been opened since the last postings here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cacticube.com
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:56 pm

As most people have said, Lester Meyers is very very good and a top bloke to deal with. Only issue is you must visit him (Gilgandra NSW) for large plants or old school mail order.

Lesters 2012 plant list can be found here:

http://www.cssnsw.org.au/LesterMeyers2012PlantList.pdf

Cactusland is still going strong:

http://www.cactusland.com.au/

If it is seeds your after try:

http://www.koehres-kaktus.de/shop/index.php/language/en

Thanks for pointing out some of the info is outdated, I create an updated list and sticky it.
Back to top Go down
IXOXI
Cereus about Cacti
IXOXI

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:41 am

Thank you HN,
How hard is it to get seeds sent here from out of the country? How often is there any issues with AQIS? I don't want to spend a lot only to have the seeds destroyed when they are nearly here.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:38 am

IXOXI,

I have never had a problem with seeds from OS, as a rule I don't order more than a few hundred seeds at a time.
Back to top Go down
Navajoa
Navajoa

Number of posts : 599
Registration date : 2009-09-15

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 pm

IXOXI

Haven't had any issues recently bringing in seed from OS, but they have to be on the AQIS allow list - Check the ICON system on the AQIS website, and if it's on there just order away. They might get inspected as they come in, but if they're allowed you'll get them eventually. Of course if they're not on the allowed list you'll be in trouble !
Back to top Go down
IXOXI
Cereus about Cacti
IXOXI

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Thanks for the info, I will try getting some seeds from overseas soon then. I would like to buy them in much larger quantities, but I guess I will have to settle for bringing in smaller numbers. If I could, I would do 1000 seeds at a time, as I am looking for mutants and other variations.
Now as far as the AQIS list, if one species is allowed, then all the variants and cultivars of that species are allowed as well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Suppliers thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suppliers thread   Suppliers thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Suppliers thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next