Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Empty

Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum

Go down 
+2
trigonus
CactiHunter
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CactiHunter

CactiHunter

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Teo raised a good point in regards to maintaining ethical standards and a good clean image, distinctive from that of other forums to appeal to the wider cacti community. How do we define ourselves here and what do we deem to be 'overstepping the line' by our standards?
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 1:47 pm

In no way will incriminating posts about preparation for ingestion or extraction purpose of psychoactive cacti or otherwise, be tolerated.

This is primarily a cultivation, propagation, identification, discussion & trading forum.

IT IS NOT A DRUG FORUM!!!

Those who joined hoping that it was the latter will be dissapointed. There are others sites for that.

Myself and the moderator team will make sure that we keep the forum running along with those standards.

That said, everyone is welcome to join and contribute.

Last edited by trigonus on Fri May 09, 2008 10:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://forum.auscactiforum.net
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 4:32 pm

Sounds good to me.

Honestly, cacti are beautiful plants in themselves. What more of a reason do people need to grow them? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
calycium
calycium

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:22 pm

I came to this forum because it appears to be a clean site, and am happy not to be discussing the ingestion of plants, the drug content of them, etc.

Really keen to discuss propogation and seed production to increase my collection and passing on to the rest of the world (oz)

From what I've seen, seed and plant trading looks exciting, and I am going to raise the site url at the local meeting in a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Kopfschuettel

Last edited by Scooby on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824

PostSubject: Re: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 am

Hi Scoby,

I see no problem with the discussion of AQIS regulations or the Beale Report, we must be mindful of where these discussions can lead an keep to the topic. This forum is not a democracy it is run by Moderators and Administrators you could call it a dictatorship if your speaking in those terms.

Enjoying the forum is the goal of all the ACF team, we want EVERYONE to be able to come here feel safe and be able to discuss cacti without the legal issues and stigma sometimes associated. That being said there is no issue (*at this time) with the discussion of legal matters pertaining to importation or from state to state. However, please don't incriminate yourself in this area, it has been done a few times already.

*The rules amd views of ACF as whole will need to change from time to time, to keep in line with social and legal trends.

I know discussions like this are occasionally necessary but lets keep them to a minimum and enjoy the forum.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:32 am

I thought the ACF was The Australian Conservation Foundation? Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Confused Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Sleep
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824

PostSubject: Re: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:33 am

hehehe Smile not anymore.
Back to top Go down
Scooby

PostSubject: Re: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:44 am

How do I cancel my registration? Have tried but there doesn't seem to be a way. Can you do this please? This forum is failing to inspire me and I want out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum   Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Ethical standards of the Aussie Cacti Forum
Page 1 of 1