Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. Empty

Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wert

wert

Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2014-02-28

PostSubject: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:14 pm

I suspect this thread will procure a large sum of interest.

what i thought would be a neat idea... if all could post the various monstrose/monstous and monster examples of trichocereus sp. here.

i think a well founded list of these adorable freaks is long over due. what better place to house a library than an Australian forum dedicated to a very special group of fauna...

im going to start this of with the well known...
lets all get moving and shake thy tail feathers. once we have a nice list we can propagate the fruit and put them all in one user freindly post that i am certian many... many... will appreciate. like me.
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Trichocereus Bridgesii monstrose "Inermis" clone A.
Trichocereus Brigdesii monstrose "Inermis" clone B.
Trichocereus Bridgesii monstrose  Melted wax.

Trichocereus Pachanoi monstrose clone A.

Trichocereus Shaferi monstrose.
Back to top Go down
sabry.keiso

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 3:15 pm

I have pictures of (nearly all) the bridgesii monstrose on the freaks thread here.
Also, I believe that shaferi monstrose was really just spachianus monstrose (which is also santiaguensis). Also, I believe Herbalistics has a penis Trichocereus peruvianus Icaro here:
https://www.facebook.com/herbalistics/photos/pb.132279150181556.-2207520000.1394165677./470496783026456/?type=3&theater
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:33 pm

sabry.keiso wrote:
I have pictures of (nearly all) the bridgesii monstrose on the freaks thread here.
Also, I believe that shaferi monstrose was really just spachianus monstrose (which is also santiaguensis).

yes sabry i believe you are correct.

i think hellonasty is holding out on us re. the peruvian torch monstrose. "like the one i saw on his facinating blog spot.

where you at HN?

Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 4:43 pm

re. the dickaro T.Peruvianus Icaro monsrose.

would be nice to see a photo that suggests how they claim the growth is short segmented?

anyone know of photos that show this?

looks interesting though. i want more info on this though.
Back to top Go down
Katu

Katu

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2014-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 7:59 am

The T.peruvianus Icaro available from Herbalistics is not monstrose, you are thinking of T.bridgesii monstrose"penis cactus". It is the short segmented form. The long form is not in Australia as far as I know. If anyone in Aust has one PM me for godsake! I am also of the belief that all T.bridgesii have the ability to show semi monstrose growth habits if they are so inclined. SAB has quite a few a few semi monstrose forms of Echinopsis available. Hope this helps?
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:27 am

Katu wrote:
The T.peruvianus Icaro available from Herbalistics is not monstrose, you are thinking of T.bridgesii monstrose"penis cactus". It is the short segmented form. The long form is not in Australia as far as I know.  If anyone in Aust has one PM me for godsake! I am also of the belief that all T.bridgesii have the ability to show semi monstrose growth habits if they are so inclined. SAB has quite a few a few semi monstrose forms of Echinopsis available. Hope this helps?

nope. not thinking bridgesii. if you do a search you will find a photo of a young peruvian monstrose. unfortunatly who ever has/had it droped of the radar and i cant find any further info on it.

Back to top Go down
Katu

Katu

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:30 am

Monstrose or semi monstrose?
Back to top Go down
wert

wert

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:35 am

dickaro.
like i said i cant find more information on it?
its a young plant in photo. they suggest it has segmented growth but i havnt seen photo showing. i already said all this in previous posts.
Back to top Go down
Katu

Katu

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:41 am

Dude didn't mean to upset u hey. Just haven't heard of a "clumping" form of T.peruvianus myself, although i'm no expert. By segmented growth do you mean like the "sausage plant". That particular clone has called a couple of different species names, supposed to terminate growth at the end of a season?
Back to top Go down
Katu

Katu

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. EmptyThu Apr 17, 2014 9:42 am

Sorry just followed that link, very interesting Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.   Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys. Empty

Back to top Go down

Database: Trichocereus monstrose /monsterous varietys.
Page 1 of 1