Australian Cacti Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» How to treat scale pests on a cactus without removing the blue wax coating?
Pics from Flickr Emptyby gwhite24 Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:24 pm

» Cacti Identification help.
Pics from Flickr Emptyby Eck Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:56 pm

» NSW public campaign on Prickly Pear including Bunny Ears
Pics from Flickr Emptyby Eck Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:03 pm

» Copiapoa ID ?
Pics from Flickr Emptyby region4 Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:29 pm

» Cactus accident
Pics from Flickr Emptyby Eck Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:24 pm

» Anyone still browsing this forum?
Pics from Flickr Emptyby SlightlyHooked Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:43 pm

Gallery
Pics from Flickr Empty

Pics from Flickr

Go down 
+2
trigonus
Teonanacatl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Teonanacatl

Teonanacatl

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-04-06

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 9:43 pm

To post pics here from the flickr account log into the account as per directions in other thread.
Then:
1) Click Upload Photos
2) Click Choose Photos, this will open a folder on your computer and all you have to do is select the photo/photos you want to upload. You can upload more by clicking Add more.
3) Click Upload and wait untill the photos have loaded.
4) From here you can add description if you like.
5) Click Home then find your photos and click on your photo. Once it has loaded click on the All sizes icon above the photo.
Picture should resize and down the bottom of the page it says "To link to this photo on other websites you can either". Now just copy the text in option 1 and paste it into this forum when posting.

**Note: You can toggle the internet code/ normal text (not really sure what its called) by clicking the button with the A/A. If you enter the pictures in the code mode you have to click this button to view the pictures, so just click it untill you see your picture appear, before clicking submit.

Some snake pics from around here:
Pics from Flickr 2451917520_acc989099e_b
Black headed python

Pics from Flickr 2451086669_54f606702b_b
My Bro with a spotted python

Pics from Flickr 2451085057_eb252843cf_b
Me with a little carpet python

Pics from Flickr 2451083169_690fd84e08_b
Me with a nice water python

Pics from Flickr 2451081197_06b6ac109b_b
Me with a nice water python

Pics from Flickr 2451097251_d68ed32f4a_b
Be free mr black headed python
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Number of posts : 879
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 9:50 pm

Cheers teo mate, that helps alot. Do those snakes just hang around your property?

That black headed python is amazing. Looks like it's lurking around your grow shelf?
Back to top Go down
http://forum.auscactiforum.net
slim6y
Calm and Collected
slim6y

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 7:22 am

Pics from Flickr N824030494_2026066_7307That's pretty awesome... for a minute there I thought I had signed into the snake forum I am also part of haha...

One think I have found with Flickr - they don't seem to have an automatic downsizing - or do they?

Most of my pics are around 5 - 6MB and that comes difficult, memory and time consuming to upload.

So do they downsize the photos or do I have to do that on my own?

I found with other photo storers such as spaces, facebook etc they all downsize the photos and then upload. All photos I post here are directly off of facebook.

For example here is one of my scaley friends... Funny enough her name is Peyote...
Back to top Go down
Teonanacatl

Teonanacatl

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 8:10 am

We find them on the roads when driving, or near our house. If they are on the road we move them off, if near our house we relocate them back to the bush.

Nope it doesnt seem to resize them unfortunatly.

Perhaps I should have posted this in the site feedback forum?
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:38 am

I'll move it to site feedback.

You can resize them in "all sizes" before you post the image/s, that's the only way I can think of resizing, doesn't seem to do it automatically. Ultimately I think I will try and find a better site to host our gallery, or if I get time I will program one myself and host it under my domain.
Back to top Go down
slim6y
Calm and Collected
slim6y

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:44 am

Well trig - get a facebook page - it's free, it's open or closed, it's free advertising, there's plenty of people, uploading photos has an instant resizer Smile

The same could occur for many of the blogger sites, such as spaces etc. would save you the issue and the requirement of space.

And at the least you can have a fan page on facebook as well.
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:54 am

Yeah I actually have a facebook account and two myspace accounts. I am reluctant to use them for several reasons.

The main one being that anything published on those sites is in effect the property of the site owner/company of said site. Not something I am too comfortable about.

I will look into it though. Tis not a bad idea. Hmm might remove the original tracks from my artist myspace though, don't want anyone stealing my tracks.
Back to top Go down
slim6y
Calm and Collected
slim6y

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:02 pm

Your trax? Ooooh, a muso, a cacto and an ITo - man of many trades...

I agree with your statement on the owner of the rights to those pictures - that said... I'[d probably be honoured if someone used my pictures - though I would be annoyed if they made it rich of them :p

Essentially, anything on the net is open slander - I had that snake photo above stolen and used on a site in Germany without my permission. I only found out because they asked for permission on another phot I had taken so i investigated. My heart nearly sank where I saw my beautiful Peyote flashed all over another site.

So I think an adequate warning is all that is required - and people really should remember that anyway!
Back to top Go down
trigonus
Admin & Cactus Fiend
trigonus

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:11 pm

Quote :
Your trax? Ooooh, a muso, a cacto and an ITo - man of many trades...

That I am, used to be an artist too, well still am in a way, do all my work on the computer now though. For instance, the site logo Wink

Bit of a renaissance man here.

Cactus is my main love though Smile

Bummer that they stole your image. Tis a nice pic too. Not sure how happy I would having all m y cacti spread far and wide over www land. Not much to prevent it now though I guess. Will look into some other options soon, when I find some time to do so.
Back to top Go down
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 4:39 pm

Nice photos teo. Snakes scare the hell out of me, but they sure are interesting. Don't think I would try holding one tho.
Back to top Go down
Teonanacatl

Teonanacatl

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 6:28 pm

Hahahaha everyone says that, Id give you three trips with me catching them before you held one;)
Back to top Go down
slim6y
Calm and Collected
slim6y

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 7:29 pm

Next time you're up this way - we can go herping... you'd find em before I do... Have seen whip snakes, BTS, macleays, slateys... but really all in all stuff all for the fact I live on 520 acres of cane! And while ya here you can drop off a few of your lophs Smile

So do you keep snakes?
Back to top Go down
Metal_Jazz

Metal_Jazz

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 7:36 pm

Awesome pictures there!
I wish there were more snakes around my area... But I live in town now so I barely see anything... except maybe the odd carpety here and there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/MooCow_Jazz
Hellonasty
Admin
Hellonasty

Number of posts : 1824
Registration date : 2008-04-04

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 7:41 pm

Teonanacatl wrote:
Hahahaha everyone says that, Id give you three trips with me catching them before you held one;)

hehehe I dunno mate...... U guys a bit crazy I rekn Smile
Back to top Go down
Teonanacatl

Teonanacatl

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:15 pm

Nah dont keep any snakes. Im from Cairns so I visit my folks there a few times a year.
Back to top Go down
Lachy
Lachy

Number of posts : 733
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 11:30 pm

Fantastic snake pics man, particularly that magnificent Black-Headed Python. Sadly, it's too chilly for many snakes down here... particularly the non-venomous species.

Tigers and brown snakes are occasionally found, but frankly I'd rather not have them around my house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pics from Flickr Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pics from Flickr   Pics from Flickr Empty

Back to top Go down

Pics from Flickr
Page 1 of 1